• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact pictures (Facebook/Google)

pablomentabo

Sep 8, 2010
I have a couple contacts that I synced with my Epic 4g thru Google contacts that later I friended on Facebook and then synced and merged the contacts with their Google contacts on my phone.

I have both the images from the Google contacts and the Facebook contacts but would prefer to have the Facebook one as the main picture. How can I reorder this? I've tried linking Facebook to Google and Google to Facebook in the contacts list but it keeps putting the Google contact picture as the main picture.

Any ideas?

I actually have the exact opposite problem --Facebook defaults when I want the Google to.
How did you set it up for Google to be the picture by default?

Thanks!

I don't know how your added your contacts but maybe you need to import them with Google then with Facebook. For me that was just the way they worked. I really only have one contact that I added after my whole contact list and since he didn't have his number on Facebook I added it to Google. Since I was his friend later on Facebook I added this to my Google contact by merging them and it doesn't want to keep just his Facebook pic. I have an idea and am about to try it now though...

Yep, fixed my issue. I just needed to delete the contact picture in Google so it will use only the Facebook pic my friend uses

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones