• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Problems- Not displaying contact name in recent calls (only phone number).

Kevo

Dec 11, 2009
My Eris has always had issues with knowing who is who in my recent calls, texts and in google voice from time to time. I reformatted all the contacts to +1-555-555-5555 format (something that someone on a google forum suggested) but it still doesn't fix the problem.

For instance- A friend named Steve called me. I see incoming call from and it knows who steve is and says "Incoming call from Steve". I called him back, clicking on the exact icon in my missed calls that says his name and it says I called 5551231234 (unknown). This happens in my messages as well, and it is starting to drive me crazy. I will get a message from 5551231234 and it will only list the number and not the name, so I have no idea who is texting me.

For some reason my phone is incapable of putting it together to figure out that the number it lists as unknown is already a contact in my contacts. I have to always call people back to figure out who it is or send a text asking who they are.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones