• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contract Killer (Glu mobile) questions

drdnaught1

Jan 2, 2012
I've been playing Contract Killer by Glu for a little while now and can't find guides online, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has played it and might be able to answer some questions...

1) If you equip armor and it survives a battle, can you reequip iit again for a later battle?
2) If so, is it restored to full strength for the new battle or does it stay where it was at?
3) Do the story missions ever end? Heh

I've been playing Contract Killer by Glu for a little while now and can't find guides online, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has played it and might be able to answer some questions...
Yeah, I'm hoping there are some forums somewhere out there as well, or a game guide.
1) If you equip armor and it survives a battle, can you reequip iit again for a later battle?
My understanding is that the armor automatically absorbs x amount of damage (x varies according to the level of armor) and then you don't have it any more. It would be nice if it absorbed damage at the end of your life energy, preventing you from dying, if it came to that, because then it would only be used if you needed it, and it would be more likely to be available in future missions.
In other words, if you buy armor that absorbs 100 damage, and you complete a mission only having received 10 damage, then you should be able to use that armor on your next mission, in which it will be able to absorb 90 damage now. That can only be an assumption on my part, since I lost my armor on the first mission I used it on.
2) If so, is it restored to full strength for the new battle or does it stay where it was at?
When I bought some armor, it did not restore. So I would say, "no".
This is something that really disappointed me. I worked for two weeks to get enough cash to buy some armor (thinking that I would always have that much extra protection per mission), and then I go on a mission that I really didn't need any armor on, and poof... it's gone. Two weeks... for nothing. There was nothing that told me how the armor worked, so I had no idea. I assumed that at such a high cost (back then I was just starting to play, so money was harder to come by) it would be restored per each mission.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that the intention for the armor is to help with really pricey missions later on in the game, like $20,000 or more. Then, the high cost might be justified.

Upvote 0
Rather than posting a new Contract Killer thread I thought it would be more beneficial to post my question here.

I have been stuck on Level 19 - Gateway Bridge - Sudden Death Damien Marshall . . My health goes down too fast and if it isn't my health than the boss escapes before I even see him. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried it way too many times now and am about to give up lol

Upvote 0
stuck on Level 19 - Gateway Bridge - Sudden Death Damien Marshall . .
Yeah, I think I've done that one. IIRC, it was the last of an "orange" series? I remembering it, and the others prior in that series, bringing me big money at the time. And I remember being so frustrated with it. It maybe took me 30 times to get it. I think I used the Anti-Materiel Rifle.

My health goes down too fast and if it isn't my health than the boss escapes before I even see him.
My hints for getting the boss...

• Instead of constantly panning, pick a section of your target area and use up your first 30 seconds (or whatver time it is before they start shooting at you) scanning in detail for the boss.
  • If you don't find him before time is up, just let them kill you, without firing any rounds or using medkits (at least this way you're not losing money). Once they start shooting, he's pretty much gone anyway.
  • The next time you try, pick a different section.

Hints for getting all the goons...

• I had about 100 medkits on hand for that mission. I'm guessing I used... 50-70? I would often only have time to move my rifle to a new location where a goon was before I had to duck and restore my health with medkits. Sometimes I would have to do this twice to find a good target. Crazy that it would take 16 medkits just to find a target! Then I'd get back up and try to get the goon I found. Then I would duck and medkit. Then up and locate next target. Then duck and medkit. Up and kill, then duck and medkit. Repeat until all goons are gone. At the time, it was very frustrating.
  • Shoot any close non-hiding goons first, then any other non-hiding goons (since they don't hide ,I'm guessing they do more damage to you because they shoot more).
  • Don't be conservative about the medkits. Don't restore yourself to about 60%, hoping not to use as many. If you die, all those you used will be wasted anyway. Restore to almost full health; you'll need it.
  • When in doubt, duck and medkit.

Note: I was able to do it without any armor, and without any other pay enhancement, like those time pills. Not bragging... just letting you know it can be done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones