• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Convert phone to tablet

free1959

Lurker
Jan 10, 2013
My ATT Infuse 4G has been having phone call issues for months. I could dial out but half the time the call wouldn't go through. I have since replaced this phone with no problems. What I would like to do is use this phone as an android tablet. Is there any way to permanently disable the phone functions? With the SIM card out, there is no phone service, but you can still call 911. Any thoughts?

I'll have to give that a shot. I haven't found any programming suggestions on how to disable it. I was thinking about tracking down a board schematic and physically disabling the dialer or whatever connects the phone. It's sitting in a desk drawer now and if I kill it, I'm not out anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones