• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Convince me, why is rooting "just better"

I didn't want to deal with any big issues, so I just wiped everything and used the kernal that came with bb .4. Between JIT, BB, and 2.2, the phone runs much smoother and snappier. I haven't applied any themes, though I have heard good things about Next Theme.

800 mHz so far is serving me well, and I'd swear battery life is a little better than it was before when I was on stock 2.1

Upvote 0
First off i wanted to say that this was an awesome thread and has really helped me out, now i'm a little bit less confused. I really like the idea of being able to completely customize your phone, i do it with my vehicles, and i really want to Root my 2 week old droid. But first i am having a mounting to pc issue and i hope you guys can help me out. I've read forums, watched youtube and wore google out and still don't have the problem solved.

What is going on: I will plug my phone into my pc via usb cable, with USB Debugging off, and my pc will see the drive, so i do the mounting through the notification bar, phone says dro-----droid and never connects to the pc. So, i'll enable the usb debugger and repeat the steps and the droid will get connected, i can open up a file or two deep into the sd card and then i'm disconnected. Doing more research i down loaded a usb driver reader/uninstaller program, unistalled all the unimportant usb drivers, garmin, blackberry, thumb drive storage devices, etc... I then SAVED the appropriate motorola drivers to my pc and installed them from there, instead of just running the install from the website and then trying to find the driver again. So, now with a clean slate i'll connect the droid, usb debugger off, and same thing happens, so i enable the usb debugger and it will finally mount and stay mounted after it searches windows for the usb drivers and says install is successfull and is ready for use. Now, i'll unmount and safely disconnect usb device and unplug the droid. OOPS, i forgot to transfer a file, so i'll reconnect and everything happens over again. What i have found out is that i can mount and stay connected ONCE and if i unmount and disconnect i will then have to unistall the drivers again so that when i reconnect the droid it installs the new usb device software. What is going on with this??? I hope that everything i wrote is clear enough to follow and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones