Couple issues, I need help

Last Updated:

1. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

First thing, it seems that everything is saving to the phones memory instead of the SD card. How can I change this because I've been putting a lot of comic books on my phone and its taking up to much space. I purchased a bigger SD card, but the phone isn't saving to it.

The second issue I'm having is with the camera and photos. When I take a picture it saves it in the Camera Shots album. I hooked the phone up to my computer to take a picture off my phone and that album doesn't show up. I can't even figure out how to move pictures around to different folders.

So what am I doing wrong and now can I fix it

Advertisement
  2. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

hmm did you mount your new card?
  3. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

You need to format your SD card a certain way and install Apps2sd.

wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Apps2SD

I don't have a lot of time to search but I found the above link. Hope it helps..
  4. screenamesuck

So the phone has no way of saving things to the sd card without downloading an app to do so???

Edit: ok so I backed everything up from my sd card onto my computer, I then put it back in the phone and formatted it. I still have the same problem. I can't save anything directly to it without downloading an app to do it for me and I can't access my pictures that I take from the phone. You can't even move the pictures from one folder to another without hooking it up to the computer first.
  5. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

apps2sd is only for your apps not the pics and stuff. so you formatted and mounted it and it still wont read? make sure you mount the SD card... someone couldn't figure out what was wrong and that was it all along.
  6. screenamesuck

Yeah its mounted. I unmounted it and I couldnt' even access the pictures because it said the sd card was unmounted, so I know it is mounted now.

This really doesn't make sense lol. Why be able to take pictures, but not let you save them to the sd card???
  7. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Funny, I have NO problem accessing my photos via my pc and the usb cacle..Download them right onto my desktop or wherever... THEY ARE SAVED ONTO MY CARD WHEN I TAKE THE PIC

You are doing something wrong.
  8. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Are you sure your looking in "DCIM" folder and not the "Pictures" folder?
    screenamesuck likes this.
  9. screenamesuck

There you go, thats what I was doing wrong, I was just looking in the pictures folder. Its what I'm so use to doing on my old phone.
  10. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Enjoy! Now if I could just get my videos working...