• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple questions about the Hero and Skype Lite

seireitei

Lurker
Sep 19, 2009
So after getting bored staring at my 2g iPhone for 2 years I decided to go for the HTC Hero and see what Android was like.
I do have a few questions tho to ask you guys about the Hero. I know I should have asked them before I ordered it but I never was very bright!

My girlfriend is working in Denmark for a few months while im stuck home in England so we rely on Skype to talk each day. I have heard that Skype (lite?) on Android is a bit lacking. From what I gather I can use Skype on my Hero to call her Skype number and it will use the bundled minutes on my tariff (1200 a month) is that correct or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I liked being able to use wifi access on my iPhone to handle Skype-to-Skype calls but my iPhone had trouble getting a signal from the router. If I was upstairs I could forget it yet was having no issues at all getting the wifi signal on the laptop, xbox360 or ps3 in the same room. I have spoken with friends that have also said they get a shoddy wifi signal on the iPhone where other things were getting a signal fine so I was wondering if the Hero has this issue too? (I am aware that Skype lite wont allow calls using the wifi grrr!)

The final question is that a friend mentioned seeing someone watching Sky Sports on a Hero in a T-Mobile store. Whats the deal there? I assume its only to Sky subscribers or T-Mobile customers?

Thanks in Advance
Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones