• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Created the App - What Next?

Hey all,

So I created a medical app using App Inventor 2 - as a proof of concept.

Thing is, it actually works better than I expected. I think I could actually sell this.

My first step for now is to re-code this using Java or something "proper". But what then? Does one have to "patent" an app? Do you just go to Play Store to sell it, or would I be better off trying to sell it to a Healthcare Providor?

Basic questions likely, but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C

IANAL:

You could try patenting your original ideas, inventions and methods you've used in the app. And the app is your copyright, provided it is your own work. For that, you'd have to consult a patent attorney. Did you use any open source code in your app, that's subject to GPL, etc.?

If this is medical or for a healthcare provider, you'll likely have to get it FDA approved and licensed. Otherwise you might have to show a bold disclaimer....something like...
"FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones