• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating a BrainWriting App

What do App Developers Think of this Idea?

• Feasible/Excellent Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Feasible/Bad Idea

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Already Been Done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Glenn Nyhan

Lurker
Aug 24, 2014
First let me say I am very new to App Development. Just recently started working in ADT environment to understand how to create an app. I am studying for my PMP certification at UC Berkeley. Last semester my Professor introduced me to the concept of BrainWriting. Unlike Brain Storming there are some critical differences. So let me lay those out, what Brain Writing is: BrainWriting is a technique similar to Brainstorming and Trigger Sessions. There are many varieties, but the general process is that all ideas are recorded by the individual who thought of them. They are then passed on to the next person who uses them as a trigger for their own ideas. Everyone writes the problem statement at the top of their worksheet (word for word from an agreed problem definition). They then write 3 ideas on the top row of the worksheet in 5 minutes in a complete and concise sentence (6-10 words). At the end of 5 minutes (or when everyone has finished writing) pass the worksheet to the person on your right. You then add three more ideas. The process continues until the worksheet is completed.

There will now be a total of 108 ideas on the 6 worksheets. These can now be assessed.

So my idea for a BrainWriting app is to create and app that enables teams with the ability to recreate the BrainWriting technique but using a tablet or Android Smart phone. Are there any developers out there who would like to collaborate on creating an app of this nature for commercial purposes?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones