• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$$$ credits/discounts/freebies/swag for wait time?

Be careful with this if too many people figure out how to get over on Verizon, they will wise up to it. I was on another forum for Directv and we had figured out how to get receivers and programming, just call the direct line for the retention department and threaten to switch to Dish. Directv got wise to this ploy and started terminating service the day that you threatened. They keep notes on who's called how many times so be careful.

Randino you are correct.... Verizon does keep a record of your calls. They seem to keep quite detailed records. I was told if I wanted to see my file I would have to subpoena them for it. They claimed it had "trade secrets" in it thats why...

Upvote 0
i can honestly say that trying to throw your "tenure" around with a sales rep in the store will NOT do you any good. They don't lose money when you disconnect, they just don't MAKE money if you are standing in front of them due to not being able to help the people behind you. If you want to complain for something, do it with customer service on the phone. And if you threaten them in store, they will probably mark your account so when you call customer service and complain for the same thing, you will be LESS likely to get it. *611

Upvote 0
While on the phone with CS today, I asked for and received a (crummy) $20 credit toward Dinc because of wait time. The dude suggested that I hassle the store I bought in too, because since I ordered there they would be in the position to offer more.

This set me to wondering, what kinds of credits/discounts/freebies/swag are folks getting from VZW as a result of being the squeaky wheel when it comes to expressing dissatisfaction over the lengthy wait time for backordered Dincs?

I dont understand how you can blame verizon for the shortage. If HTC cannot produce enough how is it Verizon's fault that they cannot fill all the orders they receive?

Upvote 0
I'm on them now about an extended battery. IMO 5 hours of battery live for moderate usage is unacceptable on a $200 feature phone. I told them that every time my battery goes dead throughout the day I'm going to call them until they get tired of hearing me. I have to charge my phone as many as 3 times to get through the day.

Upvote 0
While on the phone with CS today, I asked for and received a (crummy) $20 credit toward Dinc because of wait time. The dude suggested that I hassle the store I bought in too, because since I ordered there they would be in the position to offer more.

This set me to wondering, what kinds of credits/discounts/freebies/swag are folks getting from VZW as a result of being the squeaky wheel when it comes to expressing dissatisfaction over the lengthy wait time for backordered Dincs?
called today after reading this thread and CSR offered 25 dollar credit. Not much but i'll take it

Upvote 0
When I was at the store this weekend clearing up an issue that I had with my phone they hooked me up big time. We discovered that my device needed to be replaced however they didnt any in the warehouse. After telling them that I had ordered the phone a month ago only to have it break on me and now that I have to wait another few weeks to get a replace is really lame. I also mentioned that i could probably go over to best buy and get the phone right now. After doing everything they could to get me out of the store with a working dinc, the lady finally just refunded my purchase price of $300 and is letting me still use the rebate all. I dont think thats a bad deal for having to wait nearly 5 weeks for this phone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones