• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Critical Low Memory / Rejecting Messages

Bkays

Lurker
Feb 28, 2010
Recently I downloaded, Pandora Radio, a local movies widget, a bible, task killer, and My Coupons. At that point, my moment started giving a low memory message, it began rejecting messages and voice mail. Basic phone and message functions turned off, and it told you so, all because of low memory, the blue tooth wouldnt function. At what point, is this low memory function triggered and override the functions of the phone.

How long will it be before we can just store our applications to the memory card. Thanks In advance.

my phone did this... I checked and it said I was at 15mb or so left of internal memory... found that kind of odd, so I deleted a couple of apps to take back up to about 18mb IIRC... started working again...

checked the phone a couple of hours later and it was back up to about 40mb or so... I was messing around with gettings skins to "Beautiful Widgets" when it started saying I didn't have enough memory and basically went in to hardcore limp mode... haven't had any issues since...

Joey

Upvote 0
so, my phone just did it again... went "critical" at around 11.5mb... just uninstalled about 3mb worth of stuff, checked it again and its down to 0mb... don't know wtf... gonna restart the phone and see what happens... I almost want to blame Open Home with it's constant force closing... that, or the Hero keyboard I'm currently using...

Joey

Upvote 0
so I just did a reset on my phone and guess what? I'm up to 199mb of available space on the phone... this is after removing open home, beautiful widgets, and some other items... even if no one views/reads this, still want to put on the forum for my own records...

now, going to root the phone... hopefully I can start saving text messages on the sd card, as well...

Joey

Upvote 0
My phone also went down to 10mb and I only have 3 or 4 aps installed. I uninstalled the largest 3.4meg, deleted email, cleared all the cache and data I could find and I am back up to 25meg. Where is all the rest being used and how do I get more back. I suppose I could root the phone and or install 2.1 or do a hard reset and start over but don

Upvote 0
this was also a problem with me and i dont member were the thread is at but it cas to do with something called tombstones if you do a search you can find out usually if you do a full reset back up your apps and text if you want...that works...also check your cache on your apps organize them by the one using more space cause my you tube was also like 20+ mb of cache for some reason.

Upvote 0
Well I did a hard reset and got back all my memory 199mb. I installed 3 apps, digital clock, ringsextended, test tube and I still had 194mb left, good. Since resetting the phone I have not used the browser or any text messages only a few incoming gmails which I deleted, a few phone calls. alarm clock, calculator, and bluetooth in my vehicle. The first 3 days I lost about 1mb per day now yesterday I lost 17mb. So without hardly doing anything on the phone it still eats all its memory. Any ideas where all the memory is lost to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones