• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom boot animation help

xkingofgodzx

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
New York
Ok so i followed all the instructions on the other really long thread. I am having one issue though. I installed SDK and the drivers, that all went perfect. The only issue im having is with the actual bootanimation.zip. I am thoroughly stuck. After i download a bootanimation.zip it shows up in winrar with 4 files (loading, eye, android, and the desc.txt) I know it has to go in tools. im just not sure how? do i add each folder or is there a way to add them all? i also know the name has to be bootanimation.zip. I tried a few different ways and pushed it to my Inc. but i cant get it to boot with the animation. any help would be much appreciated.

It is, its in tools and named bootanimation.zip. I checked multiple times on the spelling. Idk what else it could be....

Try re-downloading bootanimation.zip? Maybe it got corrupted or something. I have no clue. I've done this countless times now and have never had an issue unless something was misplaced or being entered incorrectly.

Upvote 0
Do yourself a favor and use Mattguyver's free download to make it a whole lot easier, no SDK required. Go back to the long thread and use the link below to skip right to page 8. Start reading at post #370 if you don't want sound in your animation and post #374 if you want to add sound (mp3 file) to your animation.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70040-incredible-boot-animation-8.html

Reactions: xkingofgodzx
Upvote 0
Ok im gonna try that, thanks. Oh on a side note, maybe you know what im doing wrong now. So i tried extracting the files to my desktop this time, then added them to a compressed zipped file. Then tried adding to tolls and forcing but still nothing. Then i tried adding the files on my desktop to an archive, then added to tools and forced. Instead of getting the error this time it showed this....

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
1796 KB/s (11338101 bytes in 6.163s)

I thought i had it but when i rebooted it showed HTC Incredible, the white screen with black letters. Then where the boot animation should be, it was just black until the phone booted up. Not sure where to go now. I will try the other method though thanks.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm i tried doing it the easy way but still nothing. It isnt recognizing my phone, i do have the proper drivers installed bc it shows up on my computer, i had to follow the steps for SDK so they are deff on there. What is the "HTC sync app"? and how do i run that? it is how he suggested fixing the phone not being recognized.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones