• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Custom Made Incredible Dock

Am I really one of the first to get their dock?! I came home from work today and found a lil package waiting for me. Who ever is waiting for theirs, I promise you won't be disappointed. It's even better in person.

The dock came in 4 pieces total (base, 2 legs, and the back support) easily assembled with the included tool. Very solid design but really light weight (in a good way). Just took a few adjustments to sit in how I liked and now she's charging away!

Thanks to n2airz!

Can't wait to get mine and then I can toss my make shift wooden one.

Upvote 0
Am I really one of the first to get their dock?! I came home from work today and found a lil package waiting for me. Who ever is waiting for theirs, I promise you won't be disappointed. It's even better in person.

The dock came in 4 pieces total (base, 2 legs, and the back support) easily assembled with the included tool. Very solid design but really light weight (in a good way). Just took a few adjustments to sit in how I liked and now she's charging away!

Thanks to n2airz!

Pics?

Upvote 0
kevinbakon-albums-pics-picture1846-list2.jpg

#92 Le0_Br4zUc4
#93 nceagles
#94 jawse
#95 nji911
#96 ilovethebeach

Upvote 0
Alright guys here is an update...

I have been busy trying to get everything set up for a "production type" environment, and I am about there. Yes I did send off a few, and will be sending more and more through the week.

I had to order a few things to speed things up, mainly tapping head for my drill press, because there are far to many holes to tap by hand. Then are super expensive, and have always wanted one, but couldn't justify the price. Now I can ;-).

I know this list was never official, but I am going to stick with it. I am getting about 5 to 7 private messages a day from people wanting a dock that aren't even on the list. So I am a little overwhelmed at the moment. I can going to adhere to the list though.

I probably won't be on here much in the next couple days, because I am going to hit it hard this week.

Stay tuned... I am having fun though ;-).

P.S. You won't have to wait for your cradle as long as HTC and Verizon has made us all wait for Froyo ;-).

John

Upvote 0
Another quick note.

I am literally getting tons of private messages, I don't really have the time to answer all of them right now. If I am on here answering messages then that means your cradle isn't being built ;-). I will slowly answer PM's, but over the next week or so I am not going to be on here much guys...

So be patient and just add your name to the list.

Have a good one peeps...

John

Upvote 0
@kevinbakon -

I would very much like to have a custom engraving but I did not notice any statement on "how much longer" it would take to get completed with one... Did I miss that thread posting?

I will upload what I am working on shortly.

Man, I cannot wait. So excited! It will look fantastic next to R2D2 (USB Hub from Thinkgeek.com, on my desk. :D

ab85_r2d2_usb_hub.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones