• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damageless ROM 2.0

So since the first release wasn't 100% as advertised, is the update suppose to be as close to 100% it can get?

Also, reading through the threads, whats the best way to go about getting it?

I have fresh 1.1 and gumbo right now so what steps do I need to load this so it works correctly?

as from what i can see...the update was close to perfect with the exception of a few bugs. I can only assume the update will fix the bugs found.

as for getting it. are you rooted? if so...

just download the rom once its released

-Copy to root of SDCard
-Reboot into Recover Mode
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Flash zip from sdcard

pretty sure those should be the basic steps

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Flashed it, ended up going back to Fresh 2.0c , again.

WIFI wasnt working for me, and I dont feel like going through a list of workarounds for different things quite yet. Fresh's ROM has been very good to me so far.
I also have the 'Unable to start WiFi' issue, plus no hidden market apps. I'll try the RegawMOD131 fix in the morning. Facebook is syncing very slowly, so I can't tell yet if I'm stuck in continuous sync.

On the plus side, VVM and multitouch maps, which have never worked for me in DC20 ROMs, are fully functional. If I can fix the WiFi & market issues and keep the syncing under control, r3 could be FTW.

Upvote 0
Ok...since I'm 40 pages behind on the thread again (damn thing moves to fast when I'm asleep)...what are the major issues with this release?

He must have put the friendstream in, or removed it entirely, since it's not on the first page anymore...but what else? And I'll test wifi for myself :)

Current Bugs:
Battery drain: you need to go and set your phone to not use the gsm band. On the dialer, type in *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone information and change the set preferred network type to CDMA auto(PRL) - you must do this regardless if it shows it already.

PRI Issues: You must have one of the following PRIs for this update to fully function: 1.70_003, 1.68_003, or 2.10_003. If you do not have one of these, please read the sticky on how to fix it.

HTC Clock Widget: For some reason, sometimes this widget doesn't get flashed for some reason. If this happens, just wipe and re-flash.

If you are getting an endless bootscreen (takes longer than about 15 mins on first boot), wipe your ext partition on your SD Card!

Other issues that have been reported:
-Google sign-in issues (only on some phones)
-Random data disconnects (only on some phones
-People application doesn't show names because they blend in the background (you can see the names if you highlight them)

Upvote 0
Current Bugs:
Battery drain: you need to go and set your phone to not use the gsm band. On the dialer, type in *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone information and change the set preferred network type to CDMA auto(PRL) - you must do this regardless if it shows it already.

PRI Issues: You must have one of the following PRIs for this update to fully function: 1.70_003, 1.68_003, or 2.10_003. If you do not have one of these, please read the sticky on how to fix it.

HTC Clock Widget: For some reason, sometimes this widget doesn't get flashed for some reason. If this happens, just wipe and re-flash.

If you are getting an endless bootscreen (takes longer than about 15 mins on first boot), wipe your ext partition on your SD Card!

Other issues that have been reported:
-Google sign-in issues (only on some phones)
-Random data disconnects (only on some phones
-People application doesn't show names because they blend in the background (you can see the names if you highlight them)

LOL, I guess I should have clarified. What bugs OTHER than what's posted on the first page? (notice WiFi isn't posted on the first page :p)

Upvote 0
Yes it seems we have gone backwards! Sucks ass!

Back to root running 1.5!

Backwards, not rwally. Without devs making time for things like this, we wouldnt be able to tinker as much. Plus once these issues are found, and fixed, there will be updates, and possibly new ROMs from this or other dev that will be truly "100%"

I also have the 'Unable to start WiFi' issue, plus no hidden market apps. I'll try the RegawMOD131 fix in the morning. Facebook is syncing very slowly, so I can't tell yet if I'm stuck in continuous sync.

On the plus side, VVM and multitouch maps, which have never worked for me in DC20 ROMs, are fully functional. If I can fix the WiFi & market issues and keep the syncing under control, r3 could be FTW.

For me, Fresh 2.0c has multi touch maps, no VVM, but I already switched over to GVoice anyway. Have you tried that one, I highly recommend it. Plus this one wont touch your PRI like some of the other Eris leaks out there. Meaning, you can get Sprint TV and other Sprint apps to work fine.

Upvote 0
Backwards, not rwally. Without devs making time for things like this, we wouldnt be able to tinker as much. Plus once these issues are found, and fixed, there will be updates, and possibly new ROMs from this or other dev that will be truly "100%"

I totally understand what you are saying. And I for one am very appreciative of all the work the dev's put into these sort of things.

But it is frustrating when ROM's are advertised as 100% And then to have them turn out to be much much less than 100%.
We all should be aware that the 2.1 territory for the Hero is still very experimental since it hasn't been released yet.

Just my .02 cents.

Upvote 0
I totally understand what you are saying. And I for one am very appreciative of all the work the dev's put into these sort of things.

But it is frustrating when ROM's are advertised as 100% And then to have them turn out to be much much less than 100%.
We all should be aware that the 2.1 territory for the Hero is still very experimental since it hasn't been released yet.

Just my .02 cents.

Agreed. I had that on my min when I was writing that, but forgot to add that at the end.

It is frustrating when you see 100%, only to find pages of bugs and workarounds and whatnot. At least post it up as a beta for a couple days, then advertise whatever percent its working at.

Upvote 0
Tinkering with this ROM and Im not feeling it, My hero now gets hot, its now Syncing continuously, great work on the Visual Voicemail... but when i get the voicemail it comes as a SMS of a bunch of Random letters and numbers...now when i make outgoing and receiving incoming calls... it now hesitates..i perfer the last Damage than this....

So Hows Fresh 2.0c compare to this?

Upvote 0
If you see your sync sign up for an extended period of time, just go to settings and cancel all syncs. I've had no problems with this rom at all. Everything seems to be working just fine. It's fast, responsive and no lag. Its not overheating and my battery has been very good. Visual voicemail is working fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones