• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dammit!!! (weeds in my flower beds)

i use roundup extend control. just spray and not get it on plants you want to keep. if you spray the ground weeds will not grow for 3-4 months, even with rain or watering. great stuff!!!!

This only works the first year after that its like spraying water on the weeds so you'll need to do something different for year 2 and year 3 maybe go back to the REC

Upvote 0
I got tired of this as well, I live in old farmland, the weeds are horrific. I went with the nuclear option, used round-up concentrate undiluted, then scraped about an inch of topsoil away (along with the thoroughly dead plant remains), layed down landscape fabric, and then used a weed control mulch. Even with this I still have to use the Round-up extended control twice a year, more because my grass is an agressive bermuda which grows through the seams in the fabric, and along the edges.

Upvote 0
I got tired of this as well, I live in old farmland, the weeds are horrific. I went with the nuclear option, used round-up concentrate undiluted, then scraped about an inch of topsoil away (along with the thoroughly dead plant remains), layed down landscape fabric, and then used a weed control mulch. Even with this I still have to use the Round-up extended control twice a year, more because my grass is an agressive bermuda which grows through the seams in the fabric, and along the edges.

Yep, I use the fabric in my garden to because it's a pain in the neck to try to spray around all the little plants. Works great!

Upvote 0
Squirrels dug up the landscape fabric I used. I did find one spray that killed grass and left most ornamentals alone. Most of our weeds can be pulled. But grass seems to grow where you don't want it, and can't get at it. Like in the middle of a bunch of Iberis.

Rocks and landscape fabric don't stop the dirt that gets blown or washed in. Doesn't take much for some weeds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones