• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data stops when in Call

+1

CDMA cannot use simultaneous voice and data, EXCEPT for LTE, and sprint uses WiiMax, not LTE, so it is not capable of doing it.

Correction - the Sprint version of the GN2 does NOT have a WiMax radio... it can access Sprint's new LTE network and you will be able to be on a call and have data at the same time, provided you have LTE in your area.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Correction - the Sprint version of the GN2 does NOT have a WiMax radio... it can access Sprint's new LTE network and you will be able to be on a call and have data at the same time, provided you have LTE in your area.

Did not know that, thanks!!!

Only issue that arises is - how big is their LTE network? I know they started a roll out but I haven't really heard much about it.

Upvote 0
Did not know that, thanks!!!

Only issue that arises is - how big is their LTE network? I know they started a roll out but I haven't really heard much about it.

Unfortunately not that big since it just started rolling out the past few months after they decided to dump WiMax. They're hoping to be up and running in 100 cities by the end of the year... KC, Chicago, SF, Atlanta and LA are probably the largest cities that currently have some LTE up and running. I'm still waiting here in San Diego... we never even got WiMax and no LTE yet in sight. Still love my GN2 though!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately not that big since it just started rolling out the past few months after they decided to dump WiMax. They're hoping to be up and running in 100 cities by the end of the year... KC, Chicago, SF, Atlanta and LA are probably the largest cities that currently have some LTE up and running. I'm still waiting here in San Diego... we never even got WiMax and no LTE yet in sight. Still love my GN2 though!

Don't feel too bad, because depending on what commercial you watch, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all have the largest and fastest 4g networks :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones