• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Transfer

Guapa

Lurker
Jan 15, 2016
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a lovely day!
My situation is as follows: I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4 of which the screen is badly damaged to the extent where I can't control anything from that phone on the screen. However it still functions as normal because I can restart it and even receive notifications. On the other hand I will be getting a Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge.
I really want to transfer everything from the S 4 to the S 7 Edge.
I know there are shops where they repair screens but at the moment I am not working due to heavy study schedule and on top of that I have a parent who is not understanding that I have had the S 4 for 3 and a half years and there are a lot of memories on there which are meaningful to me, and is not willing to hear me out that it will only cost £70 for a screen repair.

I am really hoping that with the question below I am not going ahead of the apps/technology development or looking for something which hasn't been yet invented but I am very curious.

Is there an app or accessory or anything which can extract all of my data from the S 4 onto the S 7 Edge (or even the computer) automatically, without me having to control anything from the S 4?
For example, I install an app onto the S 7 Edge which extracts anything and everything without me doing anything with the S 4.
In regards to the accessories, for example I connect the S 4 with the S 7 Edge via USB cable and the S 7 Edge transfers things on its own with me choosing options from the S 4.

Thank you

Hola guapa, que tal? (That's about the limit of my Spanish, despite having lived over a third of my life with Spaniards).

Did you have the S4 set to back up to Google? If you did, then that should handle most of what you had on the S4 when you set up your new phone (assuming you use the same Google account for the new phone). The only things it might not handle are things like any music (MP3) files you had copied onto the phone and any documents you'd copied onto the phone.

If your S4 is NOT locked, then you could connect it to a PC via USB, transfer everything to the PC then transfer everything from the PC to your new phone. This would also handle the music and documents mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Well it only backed up few images on Google Drive but that wasn't successful upload because the next time I tried to open up the saved items on there, Google Drive claimed that my folders are empty and that I had nothing uploaded so I had to quit from that. Then I tried with the normal Google Plus account but it then started uploading every single selfie on there so I stopped that as well.
Preferably I want all of the items from my S 4 to be copied on the new phone from Samsung Memos to music, to contacts and apps with chat messages and music and other files.
Yes, I shall be using the same Google account.
My S 4 indeed has a pass code on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones