• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Debranded my DHD.. no more 3UK bloatware!

swgastro

Sep 24, 2010
UK
Finally! Took me three hours this morning to complete my debranding. So many guides to follow... There were a few moments of terror as the screen went haywire. Now running version 1.32.405.6

Gone are all the apps they installed, the longest loading screen in history and those stupid games I never play.

No more waiting for months until 3UK release updates!!

I havent been this happy since.. well since I debranded my old Desire. :)

I basically followed this guide

I used a RUU also found over on xda.

I'm on 3 , but have not noticed any specific 3 branding. No start up screen as on other 3 branded phones etc..

Does this mean mines unbranded?

If you don't have annoying 3 loading screen I would assume your unbranded. just check your version number in settings > about phone > software information. My software number is now 1.32.405.6. The 405 bit means its a generic HTC rom. =)

Upvote 0
I got a DHD from 3 (a contract upgrade/renewal) just before the New Year, and I was very surprised that it appeared to be unbranded. There are no logos on the case, and no branded start-up messages/images and apps.

I got a Samsung Galaxy Europa (another Android phone) for my wife at the same time, and that was unbranded too. Maybe the Christmas period meant that the 3 shops were sold out of branded packages, and they got unbranded stock in to keep up with demand? Just a guess.

Upvote 0
i got mine last week and good dam it its branded, takes forever to load, fastboot is bloody no good now

you guys was some the lucky ones to get it unbranded, i have no branding on the case wich is a good thing jus wish never had the stupid splash screen

Yea, the loading screen was a killer.. the only company to show an oak tree growing, IN REAL TIME! :p

Reactions: nexy33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones