Dell Streak PricesTips

Last Updated:

1. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will not buy it at this price, all above prior rumors, at $300 on-contract and $550 off-contract, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Streak Prices Revealed

I guess I will be waiting for Wal-Mart, Wirefly, BB to run a special :confused:

I copied the text in case it disappears too :D

"Dell Streak pre-sale details for US Customers
    Rate This

DELL-Josh N 07-27-2010 3:00 PM 0

We know that many of you have been waiting for #dellstreak details since we kicked off the pre-sale on July 20.

Starting July 20, we kicked off a pre-sale opportunity for eager customers in the United States. Pre-sale registrants get first access to pre-order the Dell Streak though Dell.com on July 27 for $299.99 with new two-year eligible AT&T service contract

Advertisement
  2. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a high price. And I still don't have any kind of email. Samsung captivate is looking better and better to me. But also I was thinking of getting the nexus one which was $529 and has a smaller screen and no front camera. So I don't think Dell is too far off on price. But the $300 contract price is high.

3. lpcity32

lpcity32 Member

Ha where is my email from Dell. They must have forgot their on launch day.

4. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

I paid $529 plus tax for the N1 so i guess this is not much different

5. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

lol!!!!!!!!!

6. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Pre-sale registrants get first access to pre-order the Dell Streak though Dell.com on July 27 = which is today...

On June 27, customers who register will receive an e-mail from Dell that will contain a unique purchase link. = today again...

If you do not use that purchase code before July 28, you will lose your priority order status and will have to place your order with the general public when it will be available for order by all US customers. = um..... about 12 hours from my time will be the 28th and NO FREAKIN EMAIL!!!!!!! DELL IS SUCKING RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

7. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

looks like Dell pulled the blog with the prices and info on it. Wow! Something is going on, and probably not good. Oh well. I guess they figured if we have waited this long... we can wait longer.

8. rhonin

rhonin Member

At $300 that is a bit high.....:eek:
    Add to that the other drawbacks (1.6, no PR, no real info...) and I am thinking of ducking this phone.....:confused:

9. versp

versp Active Member

They announced it's getting Froyo officially.

10. undrwater

undrwater Member

It's hard to get a sense that there is any "official" word from anywhere. Some of the posters on these forums have been more accurate than the words that come from Dell staff.

11. Jenniferr2011

Jenniferr2011 Member

Absolutely right! I was expecting the release of Streak, but I was disappointed.:(
    Everything is changing including the price until Streak is sold one day.