deodex?

Last Updated:

1. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what is this? I know that most applications have an APK and an ODEX file, but what does it mean when a ROM has been DEODEXED?

Advertisement
  2. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

basically means that you can theme the rom... allowing for custom battery meters/ and other things like transparent task menu... notice my battery meter and how the window is clear on my drop down menu... but you can do alot more than this I just like to keep it simple
    [​IMG]

mobiledevice likes this.
  3. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that's sick

ok, so let's say I wait for the new 2.2 leak to be deodexed by one of the ROM makers...

then I buzz on over to XDA and find a theme?

how does that work?

4. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

if the theme is installable .zip via clockwork then yes its that easy... but some themes require metamorph which requires S-off I think... best to double check and read the post.. the maker will tell you what it works with... most are for 8/1 leaks at the moment ... both these I installed via 1 zip file its called smooth sense its on xda under themes and apps... the icons are animated now also... the sync icon spins, the GPS icon pulses, the DL/install icon moves
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/140728-round-battery-bar-percentages.html
    this is the page with the link...
    this is the page with the icon previews
    [Smooth Sense Icons v.1.0 by Jercik] for Inc 8/1 Froyo update - xda-developers