• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root deodexed problems...

lakai113

Jul 28, 2010
Delaware
i also posted this on the site i got the How To from im just trying to speed up the help so maybe someone here can help.. for those that have deodexed your phone know you have to go through the command prompts and what not well this is what is going on..

i am getting to the command prompt screen and when i get to the
rm /system/app/*.odex it tells me
no such file or directory ..

do any of you have a suggestion or answer on what the problem could be?? the first 4 steps work with out an error its just this one that is getting me.. hope you guys can help..

I got the exact same thing earlier. I switch from USB mass storage mode to Charge Only mode and tried again, and it worked.

I don't know WHY it worked, but it did. Good luck.

huh.. i tried it at first in charge only but it wouldnt let me access the super user so i was told that the mass storage would work and it did until i got to that step..haha..

im already angry about the phillies losing tonight so im not even gonna attempt trying this again until tomorrow..haha

Upvote 0
im being told that "no odex files found" would mean that i am deodexed but i never finished the process of being deodexed.. when i run the test it says

adb-pass
odex-fail
zip-pass
busybox-pass
java-pass
temp-pass
deodex-skip
redex-skip

hoping that the more info i give will help someone respond to help me..

i am running 2.2 OTA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones