• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desk Mode - Disable Weather

Is there any way to disable the weather app just below the clock?
I'm worried that if I lose connection to my WiFi network, I will instantly start using data....

Please let me know, my fiancee just got this new phone today and she's not to happy about not being able to get rid of the weather.

Is there any way to disable the weather app just below the clock?
I'm worried that if I lose connection to my WiFi network, I will instantly start using data....

Please let me know, my fiancee just got this new phone today and she's not to happy about not being able to get rid of the weather.

In menu>settings>accounts & sync>weather you can set how often it updates itself

OR you can completely remove the clock widget then: long press screen>add widget>clock>then scroll through the different clock widgets, should be one without weather.

fwiw, the weather part barely uses any data, mine is set to sync every 4 hours.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones