• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Dev in need of another dev's help

gauntface

Nov 2, 2009
Hey everyone,

Firstly an intro, my name is Matt Gaunt, I've been playing around with Android since (I think) the 0.9 SDK.

I've been developing an app called Where's My Contacts, which is just a facebook friend photo syncing app with your phone contacts.

For me the app is fine, however a lot of people are having problems with force closes. I got a really helpful response from one user who gave me a stack dump and I think I know what the problem is. But I was wondering if anyone with a little spare time could help me out by doing the following:

1. Download the app Log Collector
  2. Download Where's My Contacts
  3. Run the app and use it
  4. If it crashes then please run the log collector app and e-mail me the output to where@gauntface.co.uk with your number of contacts and facebook friends
If the app works for you fine could you just let me know of the number of contacts and number of friends of facebook.

I reason for the app crashing is I think the listview is loading all the images for each friend and is causing the phone to run out of memory. (Very naive on my part)

Many thanks,
Matt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones