• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][WIP] CM9-Esteem LG MS910

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if I read correctly it seems to be easier with similar screen resolutions because of the assets/images etc.. Thankfully our phone is a pretty standard 800x480 @ 240 density.

I'm hoping there are at least open source drivers available to replace internal drivers made by lg and their cheap labor force lol, namely the ugly compass sensor driver that's eating most of your battery.

As for the kernel i just found it, it might be a little while till i can do build it. There's a project working on patches. to eventually make it possible.

Also forgot the link to the horses mouth, the android development guide :)

Reactions: synergy7
Upvote 0
Based off of what aichrist posted on his thread, I'd say they are getting good results now. PG is more than likely on the same page if not very close to it or past it. However I cannot speak for either dev because I'm not involved in the project, this is based off posts, faith, and intellectual deductions.
aichrist is porting a kernel with all the back porting already done to it with all the lg stuff from ours, not heard if its booted yet etc.

I am backing porting stuff to our kernel bit by bit. Thus far I have genlock added n booting, the touchscreen working, but laggy. So now i am working on the hw accel.

Upvote 0
aichrist is porting a kernel with all the back porting already done to it with all the lg stuff from ours, not heard if its booted yet etc.

I am backing porting stuff to our kernel bit by bit. Thus far I have genlock added n booting, the touchscreen working, but laggy. So now i am working on the hw accel.

Thanks for the update playfulgod

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones