• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Devastated!

angieutc

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
I just want to say I am heartbroken because I loved loved my Infuse. However, I had to take it back because of the speakerphone and other issues. During the course of having the device it would:

1. Not turn off on it's on. Meaning, I could be on a speakerphone and while talking the screen would go black. Well, the proper behavior is the phone would be triggered to turn back on when the call is done. However, mine wouldn't. I would have to press the power button and then end the call. Is this normal behavior?

2. Everyone could hear me well, however people sounded muffled to me. I could be talking to someone then all of a sudden they would sound robotic, cut in and out, and garbled. This devastated me the most.

3. Aesthetics - While I loved the messenger app, etc,. I could not get over the black blackground white text of the calendar. It was HORRID!!!! Also, I could not stand the overly cartoonish icon backgrounds.

In the scheme of things I loooooooooved that phone and the GPS was superb. Now, I have the Inspire and I am miserable. It is slow, the GPS NEVER locks and it feels like a boy next to the man Infuse.

I'm still within my 30 days and am seriously considering taken this Inspire back. Oh! People keep scaring me saying that Samsung is never going to update their software.

Please help me and advise (will be posting on Android Central and XDA for maximum response). Thank you --- Ang:rolleyes:

I wouldn't give up on the Infuse yet. It really is a great phone and I love mine. My phone has great call quality, and you should be able to expect that from the Infuse, as well. Maybe getting a new device will solve a lot of the problems that you had before. Then, if you have any other problems, try getting techinical help to solve them.

I have spent some time getting new apps from the market to replace those whose interface I didn't like especially well. There is a lot available for calendar apps as well as others. You won't be stuck with an interface that you hate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones