• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps develop with htc aria

mhuman1

Lurker
Aug 8, 2010
Hi,
I have two small apps that I have devleoped using eclipse and the emulator. Now I want to use eclipse and my htc aria.

I followd the sdk's directions for downloading the usb driver and I now have a folder named "usb_driver" in my sdk. However, windows can't find a driver for the htc aria in that folder.

THe next thing that I tried was to use "HTC sync" from HTC. However, I can't even get HTC sync to work all. MY aria can't find HTC sync on my VIsta compter. After digging into this, I found that windows gets an error when it tries to run the htc sync driver. This is detalied below:

Device Manager:
Android USB Devices: My HTC
Device status: Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
Description:
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 37.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C92&REV_0100&MI_01
Setup class GUID: {f72fe0d4-cbcb-407d-8814-9ed673d0dd6b}
PnP problem code: 00000025
Driver name: ANDROIDUSB.sys
Driver version: 2.0.7.1
Driver date: 06-10-2009
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033

I am at wits end. It seems that a USB driver for the HTC aria isn't ready yet from the android download site and the drivers from HTC won't work on my computer.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Is there another way that I can run my apps on my phone?

Thanks,
mhuman1

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones