• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Data Connections + Others

Droid-er

Lurker
May 6, 2010
Hello,
I'm a new droid user and have tried desperately to disable all data connections. I'm without a data plan so I feel very unsafe just going on the net or using the apps I downloaded, afraid that it might accidentally use data connections.
I've tried disabling the 2G network, data roaming, background data (what is it anyway) and even going to the key pad, typing *#*#4636#*#* to disable the data connection and data on boot up. I'm left with disabling the APN but don't know how to. And the thing that worries me is that I am unable to go to the Android Market because I will need to enable the background data which I'm afraid that will cause $. And also, I don't know if doing all that will be effective. Please help! (-:
Thank you!
P.S I'm using Milestone btw.

Hello,
I'm a new droid user and have tried desperately to disable all data connections. I'm without a data plan so I feel very unsafe just going on the net or using the apps I downloaded, afraid that it might accidentally use data connections.

'Quick settings', free on the market, also lets you disable data connections. If you google it a bit you'll find there are other apps and widgets to do the same, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones