• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Google Talk Marshmallow

Rodiger

Lurker
Jan 29, 2016
Hi, I am having a lot of problems with Google Talk. I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and when I plug my headphones in, a third of the time Google Talk will load up, stop my audiobook and say something like "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that" sometimes it tells me my internet connection isn't strong (which is just an outright lie). Either way I have to get my phone out of my pocket to start the audiobook again and usually have to do this several times, even if I press the switch apps button to close the app, it will load itself up again. I have been into 'Google - Search and Now -Voice menu and I can see no way to turn it off. I have an option under 'Speech Output' as 'Hands free only' or 'On', mine is set to Hands free. I've pressed the '?' in the corner and gone through 'Activity Controls' and I have the "Your voice searches and commands" Paused, I assume this means turned off but I cannot see a direct button for that, but I can find one to turn it on. My headphones are Sony so third party. I used to have a similar problem with a shaky physical connection with a different audiobook player under Lollipop, I just deleted or disabled Voice under Lollipop, I can't remember now, and changed the audiobook player. I had no problems with this one until the Marshmallow upgrade. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, it's driving me nuts. I don't use Google Voice at all, so I am more than happy to delete it if it is possible.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones