• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable system speaker for a period of time?

Decker87

Lurker
Dec 9, 2010
Hi all. A few times now, my phone has made noise while I was playing with it. This looks very unprofessional on me at work and in class. Sometimes it is because a friend sends me a picture, and I try to view it, then music starts playing.

The only time I EVER want any sound coming out of the loudspeaker, is when I am in a call and want it on speakerphone.

I would like to see if there is any way to take the proactive approach and disable the loudspeaker altogether, or better yet, for a certain period of time. I would feel much less wary using my phone.

Use Audio Manager and use the widget. The volume you want down is system volume and especially Media volume.

A few times now, my phone has made noise while I was playing with it. This looks very unprofessional on me at work and in class.

I think you answered your own question there. Playing with your phone at work and school IS unprofessional. So if you want to look professional, dont play with your phone, especially opening media messages from your friends.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones