• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable "Turn phone over to silence ringer" behavior

bisbers

Apr 8, 2010
Morris County, New Jersey
So I have a tendency to lay the phone face-down sometimes, especially when sleeping and I want the speaker for the alarm face-up.
I've noticed that when getting incoming calls, I think only when face-down, the phone rings for maybe 1/4 of a second before going to silent.

I suspect the following "feature" may be causing an issue... (copied from Tips and Tricks)

"Lay your phone down on a table or desk, when it rings (incoming call) and you don't want to answer it, or talk to an individual, TURN THE PHONE OVER AND IT STOPS RINGING. "

Is there any way to disable this functionality?
I (un)checked the 'quiet ringer when I move the phone' option, which seems to have no bearing on the turn over function. I will say that during my testing, I could not actually reproduce the actual problem of no ringing, the phone was ringing face-down just fine. Likely I just missed a detail in my repro attempt, otherwise there might be other (probably worse) issues going on.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones