• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Distortion only when using headphones with mic...?

Euklion

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
Hello everyone.

I own Samsung Galaxy Young S6310. I received headphones with it and used them until some point, where just out of the blue, they started making problems. Each time I would want to see a video on YouTube, as soon as I started the video it would pause and switch me to Google Voice Search. I turned off the WiFi to see if my own videos would play well, and I heard voices very badly, while music and effects had some strange distortion and robotic sound. I degraded all my apps on android to the oldest version, and reupdated them thinking that maybe the issue came along with the last Google Search update. But despite leaving all Google apps non-updated, the problem continued.

I tried to plug in my PC headphones which didn't have the microphone, and everything worked fine. I did the same thing with my MP4 headphones, and it worked.

It seems each time I plug in any headphones with mic I have this issue with Voice Search and distortion. I tried to somehow disable Voice Search, but I couldn't find any traces of it.

Does anyone know what the real issue might be?
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

But I really don't think the problem is with those exact headphones. I tried my sister's headphones and the ones that came with my older mobile phone. They all had the same issue. And they all have a microphone.

It's really annoying. :(

EDIT: I've tried shutting down all Google apps on my phone and the problem is persistent. I've also just discovered that while I hold that "talk" button on my headphones' mic everything sounds like it should, and when I let it go the distortion and crappy voices return.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones