• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do the new models of Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 already have 2.1 android on them?

I just got my first xperia x10 from AT&T on 12/28/10 and it came with 2.1 on it. I was told that it would now synch diretly with my Outlook Calendar and Contacts, but am now learning that is a bunch of (fill in the blank). Oh well, I have 30 days to go back to Blackberry and get the Torch.

I thought that was weird. When I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 I lost the Outlook app (that I didn't use) but I guess there are a crap load of apps I could download that would do the same thing....or use web based outlook if I need to.

Upvote 0
I just got my first xperia x10 from AT&T on 12/28/10 and it came with 2.1 on it. I was told that it would now synch diretly with my Outlook Calendar and Contacts, but am now learning that is a bunch of (fill in the blank). Oh well, I have 30 days to go back to Blackberry and get the Torch.
There isn't any Android device that does direct Outlook sync, even though there are many ways around it. I came from a BB and it took me a while to find the right one.

Upvote 0

So others are still waiting for the update while your xperia x10 came with 2.1 pre-installed. That doesn't make any sense. I love my phone but I really want the 2.1. update and I dont wanna custom ram it or whatever it's called. I want AT&T to give it to us.

Upvote 0
Charlyee, what did you end up using that worked for you? I have tried a few, 3rd party programs, but they all inport to their own calendars and not the droid one. I love simplicity and ease. Just want something to go from A to B and not A to E with stops inbetween.

As for the phone having 2.1 installed, I am going by what I was told I was getting as an upgrade from the ATT store. Looking at the "About Phone", I am seeing the following:
Firmware: 1.6
Baseband 1.1.32
Kernel: 2.6.29

So it appears that I was mislead by ATT once again and am only at 1.6. No wonder some of the 2.1 stuff isnt working right.

Upvote 0
Charlyee, what did you end up using that worked for you? I have tried a few, 3rd party programs, but they all inport to their own calendars and not the droid one. I love simplicity and ease. Just want something to go from A to B and not A to E with stops inbetween.

As for the phone having 2.1 installed, I am going by what I was told I was getting as an upgrade from the ATT store. Looking at the "About Phone", I am seeing the following:
Firmware: 1.6
Baseband 1.1.32
Kernel: 2.6.29

So it appears that I was mislead by ATT once again and am only at 1.6. No wonder some of the 2.1 stuff isnt working right.

Yup, I just got mine yesterday.. 1.6 on it

Should I upgrade to 2.1? Is it that much better?
I came from a old SE phone, so all these apps and things are new to me. So im not spoiled..lol

Upvote 0
I gave up as syncing to google wasnt working for me. I turned it in to AT&T and got the Blackberry Torch 9800. I am soo much happier right now. Perhaps in another 2 years the droid system will be able to sync with Outlook as seamlessly as Blackberry does.
Oops I see I am too late with my answer, sorry about that.

You can use CompanionLink and Deja Office combination. CompanionLink is expensive but it does have a 14 day free trial. It also has a 3 month full refund policy. It is a full USB synch similar to DM in BB or Active Synch for WM. That is the combination I was using but have now switched over to Google Calendar and Task sync.

Good luck with your 9800, glad its working out for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones