• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you use a case and/or a screen protector?

Do you use a case and/or screen protector?

• Screen protector

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Case (silicon, plastic, etc)

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Both

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 36.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So did I and I emailed them about it and sadly this is the reply I got today:

At this time we have not heard any information on a case for this device. However if we do decide to create a case for this in the future we will post any information on our webpage or in our email news letter.

I did the same thing (and got the same response). I would have thought with the popularity of this phone that there would be something available.

I was suprised to hear that there was not.

Upvote 0
They actually had the screen protectors at the AT&T store by my house, a pack of 3 for 9.99

Over the course of a week, I went to not one, not two but THREE AT&T stores in three different cities close to where I live. And I called a fourth. Nobody has them. I went to Best Buy, and while at the mall, I checked with this kiosk that specializes in screen protectors and cases, and they don't have them either.

Upvote 0
I emailed Otterbox a couple days ago, and I actually got this response:
We are exploring case options for this device. Please stay tuned to otterbox.com for details as they become available.

So it seems they may be moving forward. I'm not sure though, the response still lacks any definite answer. Here's hoping they do make something though! I only got the Body Glove case because an Otterbox case wasn't available. The Body Glove case isn't bad by any means, but it feels cheaper than any Otterbox product I've used before. Plus, I'm much more confident in the shock-absorbing capabilities of Otterbox cases since it protected my old iPhone 3GS from drops onto rocks and other hard surfaces.

I also received a reply from Otterbox, they seem to have gotten the message although it looks like a typical canned response to me:

We do not have any information if a case will be made at this time for that device, but it is something that has been requested. I have submitted a product suggestion on your behalf, and recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have.

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
Thank you, and Have a Great day!

Upvote 0
Finally put my screen protector on (AT&T one). I like it a lot, but they're a bit stiff... so any slight warping becomes a problem. Unfortunately when I removed the paper tab it ever so slightly bent up the corner, which wasn't apparent until I applied it. :(

I wasted one due to dust so I'm not inclined to waste this one by tossing it and applying the remaining third one. I got this one dust-free, except for about 1mm in the corner.

Upvote 0
Finally put my screen protector on (AT&T one). I like it a lot, but they're a bit stiff... so any slight warping becomes a problem. Unfortunately when I removed the paper tab it ever so slightly bent up the corner, which wasn't apparent until I applied it. :(

I wasted one due to dust so I'm not inclined to waste this one by tossing it and applying the remaining third one. I got this one dust-free, except for about 1mm in the corner.

Yep. I wasted money on other screen protectors (both bought online and from a real store). The AT&T one just became available at the local store, and it's the best one.

Just like you, the first one had dust underneath that I noticed only after applying. The second one is ALMOST 100% perfect, except for the very edge of the lower right corner, but I don't want to waste it so I'm keeping it so I keep the third one as a spare.

Still no case. I don't think I will get a case or a pouch or anything like that. The phone looks and feels best with nothing on it. I wish the AT&T rubber case didn't have the stupid diagonal lines on the back though.

Upvote 0
I have the body glove case on my phone. I did try a screen protector but it looked awful and trying to get bubbles out seemed to scratch the protector. I decided if the protection was going to scratch that easily, it wasn't worth having.

Maybe I'll stop at an AT&T store at some point and let them put one on the phone, but in the meantime, I just carry a cleaning cloth around with me and clean it fairly frequently. Still no scratches, and I was first day purchaser.

Upvote 0
I have the body glove case on my phone. I did try a screen protector but it looked awful and trying to get bubbles out seemed to scratch the protector. I decided if the protection was going to scratch that easily, it wasn't worth having.

Maybe I'll stop at an AT&T store at some point and let them put one on the phone, but in the meantime, I just carry a cleaning cloth around with me and clean it fairly frequently. Still no scratches, and I was first day purchaser.

A lot of people claim that they beat the heck out of their phones and the screen doesn't have a single scratch, and so it's a waste of time and money to even bother with a screen protector.

Others have said that they treat their screen better than they treat their babies, and they ended up with a scratch or two anyway, just days after they got it.

I don't know who to believe, but... Better safe than sorry. I wasted money on a couple of protectors that didn't work, but I got one that worked and looks good.

As far as the glove, I decided the phone is too cool looking to cover up :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones