• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone else have MORE LAG with their Eris on 2.1 (v2)

Yep deleted the HTC battery widget today and my battery life has changed 100%.

Guess I'll be passing on the battery widget....

Version 2 is incredibly less laggy for me. From dialer to just about anything else. 2 days of smooooth running compared to version 1.

Everyone who is talking about 1st day problems, I would agree. So what I have been doing is reinstall all my apps at once, adjust my settings at which point the phone is usually to a crawl and then reboot. and usually smooth sailing from there!

Upvote 0
I have some dialer lag with the new 2.1 leak. I also get lag every once in awhile when waking the phone up. I actually didn't have this with the first 2.1 leak.

My battery life seems to be very sporadic. Some days it's great and other days it seems to drain quickly. No rhyme or reason.

I too had to get rid of the HTC battery widget. I switched to Battery Widget by mippin and have noticed better battery performance.

Upvote 0
Everything is running really well for me. The only time I notice any sort of lag is when I wake the phone up after it has been asleep for a long period of time. Once I have had it on for about 10 seconds it seems to wake up and run right. I still get a little bit of dialer lag if I let the call log go for a few days, but clearing fixes that. The only other problem I have had was with the HTC battery widget killing my battery. Once I kicked that to the curb and starting using a different widget, my battery life is a whole lot better.

It seems my dialer lag came back, I'll try deleting the Call Log and see if that helps it

Upvote 0
Dialer lags so much more on 2.1 for me. My mom has a Eris on 1.5 and hers just seems quicker on the dialer. I feel like i can switch from app to app faster than on her 1.5 but trying to make or receive a call takes alot more.

Sometimes it seems as if the Eris is not powerful enough to run 2.1, I know thats obviously not the case because off the soon to come OTA, but thats how i would explain my lag issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones