• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone use textplus or GV for all of there texting?

alnova1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
I was thinking of eliminating my monthly unlimited texting charge thru verizon to save some money and was wondering if anyone uses any free texting app like textplus of GV for there full time texting. I have used both here and there but not sure how they would do on a daily basis. If anyone does this I would like to know how it does.

If anyone does this I would like to know how it does.

Sure thing.

One word about Google Voice: Amazing

You get you text's in real time and there is no lag whatsoever for me. Start telling everyone your "new" phone number to call and text so that they don't mix it up (At first I still used my old numbers for calls and GV for texting but they would end up texting my old number by accident since both numbers would only show as my name under their call logs).

Most people are lazy about good voice and dont want to put in the work letting people know their new # to call but to save $10/mo and $120 per year I was more than happy to let people know :D

Reactions: alnova1
Upvote 0
Sure thing.

One word about Google Voice: Amazing

You get you text's in real time and there is no lag whatsoever for me. Start telling everyone your "new" phone number to call and text so that they don't mix it up (At first I still used my old numbers for calls and GV for texting but they would end up texting my old number by accident since both numbers would only show as my name under their call logs).

Most people are lazy about good voice and dont want to put in the work letting people know their new # to call but to save $10/mo and $120 per year I was more than happy to let people know :D

Thats me..too lazy to tell everyone my GV number...especially since my GV number is a Raleigh, NC number and my real number is a Virginia one. I'm trying to get my business started in Raleigh so I figured what better way to have a number there and not have to use 2 phones. I may give that a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones