• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does everyone still have 4.1.1?

i want to upgrade my samsung gt p3100 from ICS to Jelly bean,is there someone that might help me how coZ im still a beginner in android

◆ Check for updates on Settings> About device> software update.
You might have a OTA update available.
Or
◆ Install Kies on your PC and connect your device to it and let Kies check for the update for your device in that way.

You can also use Odin to update your device but I strongly advise you to do some research in the subject before you attempt to use it.

Upvote 0
I've been using CM 10.2 on my tablet and I would recommend others do the same if they don't feel bad about losing TouchWiz. It's android 4.3 and it works perfectly. It's a pretty straightforward procedure if you have a custom recovery.

I'm still using 4.1.1 and have the GT-P3113. Isn't this a newer model then the P3100?

I heard the p3100 is GSM (I think you can even make calls on it), the p3110 and p3113 are wifi only, and the p3113 has the IR Blaster

Upvote 0
I don't remember who, what, when or why, but my tablet have been upgraded to 4.2.2...I looked in Settings last night thinking to check for an upgrade and it looks like it has been upgraded since September.

It's odd since I have my settings for upgrades to ask and not upgrade automatically. I don't remember doing it.

So, sorry for any inconvience to anyone who asked and I thought 4.2.2 wasn't out.

Upvote 0
I am on 4.2.2 on my Gal Tab2 10.1 Have been for a while but here is the thing.....

Last night I see there is yet another update. I assume its 4.3 but when I try to install it is fails right after the initial boot. Nothing damaged cause it never got this far. It tells me to try Kies which tell me there is an update as well. Downloads it and start to install. Hangs at 0%. Retried it and Kies says it must go to recovery mode. That fails and I am told to remove the battery and reboot.

I tried Kies on 3 different PCs with 2 different cables. Same resulst
Has anyone received an update notice lately and got it installed??

Upvote 0
I received an OTA update today for my GT-P3113 Tab 2 7.0 which had 4.2.2 installed. The update was about 65 MB and had downloaded prior to the update notification. Once I gave the update the OK it performed a full reset and installed the update same way previous updates had installed. It is still 4.2.2 with Kernel 3.031-1978026 and build # JDQ39 P3113UECMK3. I haven't seen any changes so I assume they were fixes for internal problems. My research hasn't turned up anything. I don't know what the original Kernel and Build was.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
My Kernel Version is 3.031-1251263 & Build Number is JDQ39 P3113UECMH2. I'm going to check for updates and if I have one, compare the kernel & build numbers.

***EDIT***

I guess I got the same update as txrose72. Everything is now the same as yours. The file was about 65mb. No issues so far.

txrose72, did you do a factory reset after receiving the 4.2.2 upgrade? Just curious.

Upvote 0
Hrm... I suppose that's the software update download I have just killed. (Samsung account update?)

I am on my way to work and I turn off wifi when I am not actively using it, so this latest OTA has been stalled for a few days.

Is it going to reset everything? That's the one thing I don't like about updates...
I guess it is some type of bug fixes. It did not reset anything on mine.

Upvote 0
My Kernel Version is 3.031-1251263 & Build Number is JDQ39 P3113UECMH2. I'm going to check for updates and if I have one, compare the kernel & build numbers.

***EDIT***

I guess I got the same update as txrose72. Everything is now the same as yours. The file was about 65mb. No issues so far.

txrose72, did you do a factory reset after receiving the 4.2.2 upgrade? Just curious.

So far I have not performed a factory reset following any updates. Been lucky I guess.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
Hrm... I suppose that's the software update download I have just killed. (Samsung account update?)

I am on my way to work and I turn off wifi when I am not actively using it, so this latest OTA has been stalled for a few days.

Is it going to reset everything? That's the one thing I don't like about updates...

Its fixes the notification window lag, adds a list of apps installed on sd card to app manager menu and a few other things. It does not reset anything. I have mine completely customized as much as you can with folders an everything ordered an organized and it left it exactly as I had it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones