1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin browser start page?

Last Updated:

1. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have this question. It was already posted by a user but in support forum. I am posting it here and hopefully can find an answer.

Can you make the startup page load on default? Not the browser page, but the page with bookmarks, google pages etc? If so, how do you go about doing this?

Advertisement
  2. mkdauff

mkdauff Well-Known Member

I was wondering that as well! I tried to do it, but never came up with a way :(

3. EricAtUNC

EricAtUNC Well-Known Member

I use XMarks, which syncs my bookmarks across several computers and which I can access via the web. What I did is set my xmarks page as the default home page in the dolphin browser, so when I start it I'm taking to my xmarks page. No I have all my bookmarks to matter where I am.

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

What does the list on Xmarks look like? I really miss the bookmarks page of the default browser as the thumbnails where nice. My main gripe with Dolphin is how it handles bookmarks especially in landscape mode. You get three per page and lots of sites don't load an icon so you have the same gray icon for half of them. I really miss the thumbnails that the default assigned to each one plus I like how it gridded them out to get more per page for less scrolling.

5. EricAtUNC

EricAtUNC Well-Known Member

It's really just a list, look at this page:

Xmarks Features: Mobile Access

The first picture of the mobile phone, that's what it looks like. Not pretty, but it's a small price IMO to have my bookmarks synced.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, getting back to the original problem, asked in post #1; is it possible to set the default browser (in my case the browser in the Eris) to always open on the bookmarks list page?

As it is, it has the annoying habit of always opening on the last page I was on, so I've gotten in the habit of going to Google before exiting the browser just to have a predictable, "home" page to go to when I next bring up the browser.

I'm not much into installing apps to correct problems and annoyances in a device; I'd rather find a way to do it right that I may not know, or at worse find a workaround.

- Frisco

7. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Post #1 is actually asking about the Dolphin Browser not the Stock Browser. In this case the answer is no.

For the Stock Browser the way round this is to put Your Bookmark Widget on your Homescreen then you can decide from there. (This is for my Hero so I presume the Eris is the same) There are also Apps for Bookmarks that you could also put on your Homescreen but as you said you are not interested installing Apps.

8. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

EricAtUNC: Thanks for the xmarks tip. I've done the same by setting my newly setup xmarks page as my dolphin home page. A great time saver.

Thanks,

Tom

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Very cool tip; thanks for that.

Keep in mind I've only been the proud owner of this device for three days counting today; I thought the "dolphin" browser mentioned was the default one that the Eris uses. Thanks for the heads up on that, too.