• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dolphin browser start page?

I use XMarks, which syncs my bookmarks across several computers and which I can access via the web. What I did is set my xmarks page as the default home page in the dolphin browser, so when I start it I'm taking to my xmarks page. No I have all my bookmarks to matter where I am.

Upvote 0
What does the list on Xmarks look like? I really miss the bookmarks page of the default browser as the thumbnails where nice. My main gripe with Dolphin is how it handles bookmarks especially in landscape mode. You get three per page and lots of sites don't load an icon so you have the same gray icon for half of them. I really miss the thumbnails that the default assigned to each one plus I like how it gridded them out to get more per page for less scrolling.

Upvote 0
Well, getting back to the original problem, asked in post #1; is it possible to set the default browser (in my case the browser in the Eris) to always open on the bookmarks list page?

As it is, it has the annoying habit of always opening on the last page I was on, so I've gotten in the habit of going to Google before exiting the browser just to have a predictable, "home" page to go to when I next bring up the browser.

I'm not much into installing apps to correct problems and annoyances in a device; I'd rather find a way to do it right that I may not know, or at worse find a workaround.

- Frisco

Upvote 0
Well, getting back to the original problem, asked in post #1; is it possible to set the default browser (in my case the browser in the Eris) to always open on the bookmarks list page?

As it is, it has the annoying habit of always opening on the last page I was on, so I've gotten in the habit of going to Google before exiting the browser just to have a predictable, "home" page to go to when I next bring up the browser.

I'm not much into installing apps to correct problems and annoyances in a device; I'd rather find a way to do it right that I may not know, or at worse find a workaround.

- Frisco
Post #1 is actually asking about the Dolphin Browser not the Stock Browser. In this case the answer is no.

For the Stock Browser the way round this is to put Your Bookmark Widget on your Homescreen then you can decide from there. (This is for my Hero so I presume the Eris is the same) There are also Apps for Bookmarks that you could also put on your Homescreen but as you said you are not interested installing Apps.

Upvote 0
For the Stock Browser the way round this is to put Your Bookmark Widget on your Homescreen then you can decide from there.

Very cool tip; thanks for that.

Keep in mind I've only been the proud owner of this device for three days counting today; I thought the "dolphin" browser mentioned was the default one that the Eris uses. Thanks for the heads up on that, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones