• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Driver probelm :(

yraziel

Lurker
Jan 29, 2011
Hello everyone

After searching like crazy last few days I finally decided to ask ...

I purchased a Nexus s after a great experience with the nexus one.

I'm familiar with installing roms etc.. so I will be easy to explain the problem.

I CAN'T ROOT IT! i have Laptop with xp, i installed the sdk in an orderly manner and OFFCURSE the usb driver of Google.

The ADB recognizes the device but only when it inside the system and not inside the bootloader or recovery...
It is recognized as a storage device...
I tried to update the driver of the "storage device" but without success ....

ANY IDEAS?

Hello everyone

After searching like crazy last few days I finally decided to ask ...

I purchased a Nexus s after a great experience with the nexus one.

I'm familiar with installing roms etc.. so I will be easy to explain the problem.

I CAN'T ROOT IT! i have Laptop with xp, i installed the sdk in an orderly manner and OFFCURSE the usb driver of Google.

The ADB recognizes the device but only when it inside the system and not inside the bootloader or recovery...
It is recognized as a storage device...
I tried to update the driver of the "storage device" but without success ....

ANY IDEAS?

I had a similar problem with mine on Windows 7. When I looked in my device manager it was showing an unknown driver when the phone was in the bootloader. The problem was the drivers I was using. They worked when the phone was on but that was it. I downloaded a copy of PDAnet and installed it and it gave me the drivers that allowed my computer to recognize the phone in the bootloader.

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
I had a similar problem with mine on Windows 7. When I looked in my device manager it was showing an unknown driver when the phone was in the bootloader. The problem was the drivers I was using. They worked when the phone was on but that was it. I downloaded a copy of PDAnet and installed it and it gave me the drivers that allowed my computer to recognize the phone in the bootloader.

I'm having that same problem ill try the drivers on pdanet. I have had a craving to OC my nexus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones