1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General *DROID DNA reaction, discussion, and first impression thread*

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

No swype but the stock HTC keyboard is pretty amazing, that said I have Swiftkey installed already

No but I am gonna order one
  2. NightAngel79

Pretty much yea. (they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands, lol)

You see the battery screen shot I posted? So far this thing has been amazing!

With no service mind you, but with it searching for a signal I'd say it is pretty accurate....
  3. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

It definitely does look good, with that battery life how much screen on time were you able to get? I'm lucky if my Galaxy Note can make it past 3 hours with the screen on.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

How about a screen shot for screen on time. I'd be suprised if it ends up over 2 hours on 4g
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

I'm at the press conference now, and they have a few phones running full video and after 2 hours battery is showing 94% remaining. They said battery should last more then a day for even power users. Also was given one to keep S will be testing that out over te next couple of days. This phone in person is amazing. The pictures don't do it justice. So thin and light.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  6. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

Good to know and thank you for the updates. I hope I am wrong. I'm buying a new phone at the end of the month and can't decide yet between the razr maxx hd, note 2 or this one.
  7. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

Please let us know how text looks when reading an article off Phonedog or something similar. I am hoping the 1080 display doenst mean its zoomed way out and you need to pinch and zoom constantly.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Welcome to AF, 211275!
    211275 likes this.
  9. NightAngel79

Looks amazing so far, I read a lot of books as well

Can't find screen on settings but I know it was 4+ hours that first charge (from screenshot) I set it up and played for ever that first day
  10. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Thanks for fielding the barrage of questions NightAngel.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  11. NightAngel79

My pleasure, I been dying to tell people all weekend, this thing been burning a hole in my pocket all weekend
  12. AntimonyER

Haha, I bet! Well congrats NA. Thinking about calling up CSRs and start badgering for an early upgrade :)
  13. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Anyone else hate NA now? jk, congrats though man, I am definitely jealous.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

Heck yeah I am. :D

I in one of the releases in the last 15 minutes that it has wireless charging? Is that stock, or an aftermarket upgrade/purchase?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/13/htc-droid-dna-verizon/
  15. bad1550

bad1550 Well-Known Member

My upgrade eligible date is Nov 19. I called Verizon and cannot move my date up. I want to preorder today. Any ideas how to get around paying full retail?
  16. AntimonyER

I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't release till the 21st, you will get one on that day if you want it.
  17. bad1550

Thanks!
  18. NightAngel79

It's all set up for wireless charging, all you need is the charging pad
  19. bad1550

I just called and they would not allow me to move up my Nov 19 upgrade date.
    Ughh
  20. AntimonyER

Yeah, I am not real hopeful about it, they have gotten really strict about it. Especially for people looking to get recently announced/released phones. I am probably going to have to wait until May. I curse the day they took away annual upgrades :mad:
  21. DuhDaddy

DuhDaddy Member

Thanks for all the info, NA. How is the boot up time?
  22. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

I only get 50 bucks for my line. And I get nothing for my wifes phone. I thought I would get a Valued Member perk per line... :(

That only a worry if I cant keep my unlimited.
  23. mush10

mush10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info. I am really hoping the battery can hold up.

The storage may be a deal breaker. I wish they could offer two devices. One to keep costs down and another with maximum storage (Would love 64, but at least 32). Or give us 16 with a sd slot. I travel and load my phones with movies and books all the time. The cloud doesn't help on most airplane, so 11 gb of usable storage really makes it hard to use this phone for what it excels at.

I still may pick one up, but HTC was so close to delivering everything in one package.
  24. NightAngel79

FAST!! I do have quick boot on but both times I had to boot it up was after I let the battery drain completely (so full boot up)

Compare to the Rezound boot time WOW is all I can say
    If it had more storage it would be in danger of being the perfect phone, since that is never gonna happen I can live with the storage.

I may have to adjust some of my habits but I don't think this will be an issue
    DuhDaddy and AntimonyER like this.
  25. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member

Disappointed with the way this phone turned out, having no expandable storage. I was already planning to compromise with the need for an external battery for it, planning to get a keyjuice keychain and usb 5600mah battery to carry around, but now it also looks like I'll need a flash drive and a cable to go usb female to microusb. That way it will at least be possible to get all the stuff I want on this phone. A bit worried about wearing out the microusb port though, and still not sure how this will work out since it'd require fiddling just to listen to music. However in some ways, a phone that is powerful enough to do what I want, is far better than a weak phone that can't even meet my ideal goals.

Still considering getting another galaxy nexus though, and just living with the inability for it to play any decent video, while waiting for maybe the galaxy s4 or something good enough. Motorola and Samsung haven't abandoned those who love expandable storage.