• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible looks terrible!

I just don't really care for the way the lens for the camera does not sit flush with the battery cover. Doesn't seem like a very good design. When you lay the phone down it will always be resting on the lens, well at least the cover of the lens anyway. It is like this on my Eris but not nearly as bad as it seems in the photos of the Incredible.

I think a major selling point on this phone is the camera. With camera lenses, bigger is usually better. I guess we'll find out soon!

Upvote 0
Which would mean you couldn't sit the phone on it's back without scratching the camera lens. Why would they do that?

What? The way it is now every time you set the phone down one of the two main points of contact is going to be the lens/lens cover. Having the battery cover/lens cover flush like almost every other phone on the market doesn't seem to have caused any issues.

Upvote 0
Idk bout you guys but i do not drop my phone perfectly level so the camera lens will break the fall first. I drop my phone at angles so the corner will hit first. It is physics and common sense that the heavyer side will tuck under the rest of the phone and hit first.

LOL. I'm no physics major but everyday life will tell you that appendages are the most prone to damage/accidents.

Actually it's the red accents that really turn me off.

Upvote 0
Back looks bad to the point that it ended my obsession with the phone, and gave me more resolve to wait for the EVO. The red speaker grill slightly detracts from the front, too. :mad:

Gizmodo describes it exactly how it LOOKS like it would feel: "The Incredible might be the world's first mullet phone: flat, straightforward business in the front, stylized rubber party in the back. In fact, if you pop the back condom off (it's got ridges and it's rubber, it's basically a hard condom), the Incredible's hot-rod red underneath. It saves the phone from verging into boring-as-hell territory. Slightly thicker than a Nexus One or iPhone, but lighter, it feels (and looks) chintzier than both."

/end rant

Upvote 0
What? The way it is now every time you set the phone down one of the two main points of contact is going to be the lens/lens cover. Having the battery cover/lens cover flush like almost every other phone on the market doesn't seem to have caused any issues.

That ring around the camera lens sticks out but keeps the lens from coming into contact with anything. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That ring around the camera lens sticks out but keeps the lens from coming into contact with anything. :rolleyes:

Before rolling your eyes you should try reading the thread. My original post clearly states I was talking about the lens cover. If you like the design that's great I was simply stating my opinion. I will admit that after more photos surfaced last night and today it doesn't look as bad as it first appeared.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones