• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid/Milestone email error

lilleyen

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
I have a new Milestone (last week).
I only have one email address set up on it (Gmail account), and it works quite well, syncs as it should etc.
The but is..., I keep getting this weird error message if I'm doing something else online, such as browsing the market, or reading my Gmail emails.

It goes like this:

"Sorry" and "The email application email process (com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

This comes with a "Force Close" button.

Nothing bad happens, I just click on "Force Close" and carry on.

There doesn't seem to be any adverse effects to this, it's just annoying.
Is there some way to get rid of it?

I'm using OS 2.0.1 It came with the phone.

There are two email icons on my phone, one is a white envelope with a yellow tabbed ampersand protruding from it, and the other is the Gmail one with a white envelope with a large red tabbed M protruding from it.

I tried to delete the yellow one but it says it is not delete-able. (thinking that maybe it was creating the problem)

The Gmail one of course I need.

I remember when the phone was first being set up, I was given a choice of which email icon would be the default one, and I clicked on the Gmail one.
That option no longer pops up.
Did I do something wrong here?
If it was an app I could probably delete it and reinstall it and it would make it right, but it's not.:(

I'm pretty sure the yellow one is the default email app fro the Milestone/Android, and all other email apps have to work through it, but I'm really getting frustrated with the error popping up all the time.

Help!:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones