• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid razr maxx blacklisted bad esn non payment verizon

Hi, everyone!! I have searched everywhere for an answer to my question but can't seem to find any information at all. So.....I'm going to try here! Here is my question.................. I have been a verizon customer for 2 1/2 years. My contract expired last August but I never renewed it bc I didn't want to lose my unlimited data plan since they take it away when you upgrade now. Anyway, a few months ago a verizon rep told me I could lower my bill by 30.00 a month if I removed my friends and family and that if I started to go over on my minutes I could add it back on and they would back date to the beginning of the current billing cycle. Well that's what happened so I called and added it back on....so I thought. In the mean time my aunt loans me a droid razr maxx and I go to the verizon store and get a new sim and have it activated. Well I get my bill and it is 800.00!!!!!! Apparently when I called and had them add my friends and family back on they didn't do it. I spoke to a customer service rep and she told me there's nothing thy can do about it now and I have to pay the balance. I refuse to do that so I got my phone shut off. My husband is having our attorney look into it but in the mean time I was going to get a prepaid plan. However, after reading several forums I am afraid that verizon has or will blacklist the droid razr maxx. I have a droid x that I can use but this maxx is a loaner and I can't return it blacklisted!!! Can and will verizon blacklist a phone that I didn't get with my upgrade and that actually belongs to someone else? Please help, I need to let my aunt know if this could happen so that we can start researching our options. I will feel horrible if I got her phone blacklisted. Please know that I have always been current on my payments and had never in 2 1/2 years of service incurred any overage charges until this incident!! Thank you in advances for your time!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones