Droid won't stop rebooting.

1. jcfolk

jcfolk Member

About two hours ago, I noticed my Droid was hot in its case. I took it out and noticed that it was constantly rebooting on about a two minute cycle.

Tried to boot it up in safe mode (successfully) but it still rebooted. I managed to keep it running long enough to uninstall an app I had loaded today, but still no luck.

Constant reboot. Any help before I call VZW support?

Advertisement
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Friend had the same problem and had to get a replacement.
  3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I had my first DROID for 24 hours. It rebooting about every 5 minutes whether it needed to or not. I've had my 2nd DROID now for about two months. It only reboots when I tell it to. ;)

Take yours back, immediately.
  4. jcfolk

jcfolk Member

Follow-up: Called VZW support, described the problem. Didn't really try to diagnose or fix the problem. They almost immediately told me to bring it in and get a replacement.

BTW, I have had my Droid since the Monday after they came out.
  5. kmarker

kmarker Member

This is happening to me also, do you have to pay to get a replacement and is it a new droid they give you?
  6. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Thats a device malfunction and should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty (assuming you are still within that warranty period), you should be able to get a free replacement. Though you should unroot/unrom your phone first or they might check it and void your warranty. They probably give you a new one in a box and send ya out of that store.
    kmarker likes this.
  7. kmarker

kmarker Member

Thanks alot, I never rooted my phone so that shouldn't be a problem.
  8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

You get a new unit within the first 30 days, after that, most likely a refurb.
  9. jcfolk

jcfolk Member

Replacement for me was at no cost.

I received a "certified like new" phone, not a new one.

Have had no problems since.
  10. scmayfield

scmayfield New Member

Mine continuously rebooted when it was turned on.
    I pulled the battery, held the power key and volume down.
    it started in a root screen.
    I then did every option on there to delete all the data, reroot, factory reset, and clear cache.
    It worked.
    I will let you all know if it starts again.