• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Battery Life Issues.

Well I certainly hope this is the case...but guess what...Verizon sold me the phone with this battery in it..therefore it goes hand in hand...so yes im going to blame the phone...its also the fact that i got a brand new phone and now I have to waste my time and go back to their terrible store and exchange something out already after 3 days of owning it. Every phone I've had from Verizon has been absolutely terrible...their is always some kind of problem...first the motorola q...then the storm...i mean it just never ends...and i feel like the service reps know less then people on these forums

hahaha....I totally agree with your last statement

Upvote 0
Oh ok...I just don't understand shouldn't it show other things using my battery life? the screen is on the lowest brightness...also does everyone else's run warm all the time??

The only widget I have running is the weather channel app...I cant imagine that thing being the cause for my battery to leak this terribly...could it just be a defective phone?

the weather channel app is a known battery hog I'm afraid. Its got a constant connection running in the background

Upvote 0
You need to take your battery to be tested and get a warranty replacement. Most people are getting phenomenal battery life. Your making your phone pointless by getting rid of widgets or turning screen down etc.

It's not so much the number of widgets, it's the update frequency. Constantly pulling data from internet is a definitely a strain on the battery.

Upvote 0
Well I certainly hope this is the case...but guess what...Verizon sold me the phone with this battery in it..therefore it goes hand in hand...so yes im going to blame the phone...its also the fact that i got a brand new phone and now I have to waste my time and go back to their terrible store and exchange something out already after 3 days of owning it. Every phone I've had from Verizon has been absolutely terrible...their is always some kind of problem...first the motorola q...then the storm...i mean it just never ends...and i feel like the service reps know less then people on these forums

Like Verizon tests every single battery in every single phone out there. Do you think the phones on other carriers have never had issues. What about the Palm Pre or what about every single phone on AT&T, they seem like the same phone in a different shell. The point is, these things happen and there really isn't anything anyone at Verizon can do about it other than give you a new phone. I really don't see what the big deal is, just take it back. You want to hear horror stories, then buy and Xbox 360 and then complain about a poorly built piece of hardware. I haven't had one customer come back yet with an issue which is why I say just take it back and get a new battery, if that doesn't fix it exchange the phone and if that doesn't fix it then the Droid X isn't for you.

I don't hear very often about Verizon having any MAJOR issues with any of there phones in the past couple years, but I do remember the Pre and Pixi on Sprint always giving issues, the Incite on AT&T was a dud and now look at the iphone 4, king of all phones is getting complaints about something that should have never happened. Your problem should be an easy fix, so fix it.

Upvote 0
lol @ you guys denying ATK works. Why woulnd't it work? It simply shuts down apps that are draining battery.

Android OS kills apps itself. Thats why there is no need for ATK.

For thos that are having terriable batter life. Make sure your battery profile isn't set on performance, because that has been a problem for others who were haveing horrible battery life.

Upvote 0
Hello Carrman,

Firstly, I want to welcome you here. I notice you have 8 posts, which makes you a newbie, so I'm welcoming you! Your OP is well stated, but your title is not. Perhaps it might have been better put as a question for support/help as not many of us, that I know of, seem to be having the issue. In fact, coming from the Incredible, this battery seems amazing!

I tell you what I will do to help you. I'm going to soften your title and put you in the support area so you can get good advice.

Again, welcome!

Upvote 0
lol @ you guys denying ATK works. Why woulnd't it work? It simply shuts down apps that are draining battery.

i guess you don't know how android works.. theres no need to task killer because everything isn't running in the background it says is.. the way android manages its multitasking is once you close an app it saves it to its memory the exact spot when you left.. so when you re-open the app it starts from there its not actually running..

Upvote 0
Like Verizon tests every single battery in every single phone out there. Do you think the phones on other carriers have never had issues. What about the Palm Pre or what about every single phone on AT&T, they seem like the same phone in a different shell. The point is, these things happen and there really isn't anything anyone at Verizon can do about it other than give you a new phone. I really don't see what the big deal is, just take it back. You want to hear horror stories, then buy and Xbox 360 and then complain about a poorly built piece of hardware. I haven't had one customer come back yet with an issue which is why I say just take it back and get a new battery, if that doesn't fix it exchange the phone and if that doesn't fix it then the Droid X isn't for you.

I don't hear very often about Verizon having any MAJOR issues with any of there phones in the past couple years, but I do remember the Pre and Pixi on Sprint always giving issues, the Incite on AT&T was a dud and now look at the iphone 4, king of all phones is getting complaints about something that should have never happened. Your problem should be an easy fix, so fix it.

Look man, I get it...you work at a verizon and just are completely brainwashed I guess...Thanks for the help buddy you can stop replying as you've been of no assitance to me...I'm trying to see if anyone else had some insight, and if anyone else was having the same problem...I wasnt trying to hear about your work stories...give me a break...the big deal is...i just bought this phone and i have to bring it back...and to act like their havent been problems with any verizon phones is complete nonsense...the blackberry storm had to be 1 of the biggest pieces of shit ever made...well done...and thanks for the help...enjoy your day helping all the disgruntled people that go in there tomorrow with broken phones

Upvote 0
Hello Carrman,

Firstly, I want to welcome you here. I notice you have 8 posts, which makes you a newbie, so I'm welcoming you! Your OP is well stated, but your title is not. Perhaps it might have been better put as a question for support/help as not many of us, that I know of, seem to be having the issue. In fact, coming from the Incredible, this battery seems amazing!

I tell you what I will do to help you. I'm going to soften your title and put you in the support area so you can get good advice.

Again, welcome!

Thank You, I see what you are saying, I should have labeled it differently...I saw another thread that stated "battery life dropping like jessica simpsons career"...and there are actually a lot of people in there discussing this because i'm not the only 1...I didnt see that thread first I would have posted this in that thread...

Thanks again

Upvote 0
@ the OP I have unintentionally diverted the focus from your problem. For this I am sorry, but I didn't want you to get lead down the wrong path. Task killers, IMO are not a fix all for slow phones or battery drain. Every time I see someone say "my phone is slow" or "my battery life is horrible" invariably someone jumps in a suggests a task killer. I do what I can to make sure people are informed before they make a decision. dylo made some excellent suggestions as far as tweaking your settings to maximize battery life. Look around and some of the more popular phones for android. The Eris section has a great thread for battery life. http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/19176-optimize-your-droid-eris-battery-life-read.html I know its for the Eris, but most, if not all, are specific to android and 2.1. Read up, educate yourself, and make the best decision for you. Ultimately thats who you have to satisfy.

Oh and uhhh...Welcome to the Forums! :eek:

Upvote 0
Look man, I get it...you work at a verizon and just are completely brainwashed I guess...Thanks for the help buddy you can stop replying as you've been of no assitance to me...I'm trying to see if anyone else had some insight, and if anyone else was having the same problem...I wasnt trying to hear about your work stories...give me a break...the big deal is...i just bought this phone and i have to bring it back...and to act like their havent been problems with any verizon phones is complete nonsense...the blackberry storm had to be 1 of the biggest pieces of shit ever made...well done...and thanks for the help...enjoy your day helping all the disgruntled people that go in there tomorrow with broken phones

I don't work for Verizon, I sell all carriers so I know these horror stories you are referring to. How did I not help you. I told you that you are having the same issue as many other customer of mine have had. What fixed the issue....taking it back and asking for a new battery. How is that not advice???? I never said Verizon hasn't had crappy phones, I'm saying they aren't the ONLY ones. Verizon doesn't make the phone anyways, Motorola does. Once again, my advice is to take it back to the store and swap out the battery, simple as that. Doesn't have to be some trick to fixing it really.

You can take it as me being harsh or not trying to help, but I'm being serious. If it is the battery itself then it shouldn't be a big deal to resolve.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones