• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DROID X ORDER over the phonee

Wait wait... what's going on here? lol

Has the MSRP been discovered?

When I went to my Verizon store today the manager had a Droid X that he was letting people use. As I was playing around on it I was talking about the retail and how I wish I knew what it was. He told me it was either $559 or $569 when he looked it up this morning which is the same retail as the D1. He told me the computers were down ATM and couldn't double check.

This is a huge Verizon store that is actually doing a midnight opening and they had two Droid X's demoing so I really don't have a hard time believing the guy.

Upvote 0
When I went to my Verizon store today the manager had a Droid X that he was letting people use. As I was playing around on it I was talking about the retail and how I wish I knew what it was. He told me it was $559 when he looked it up this morning which is the same retail as the D1.

This is a huge Verizon store that is actually doing a midnight opening and they had two Droid X's demoing so I really don't have a hard time believing the guy.

Oh that's fantastic! It's a bit less than what I expected. All together for me it'll be $607.91 - $375 DI sell = $232.91. Hooray!

Upvote 0
Maybe waiting till the 15th would be a good idea...come on people, how on earth can a phone thats not even released yet be sold out? Common sense would be in order here!

yeah agree with you on this phone people put too much belief into anything that pops up involving something new or that is about to come out. Its pretty hard to be sold out when you cant even buy it yet. Just think about that one.

Upvote 0
The X's are all being sold behind our backs to people adding new lines, vzw makes more money that way.

I was playing around with a Droid X at a Verizon store today, and the Manager mentioned that they may not allow "many" people to upgrade to the X. Then he said "many" may turn into "nobody". I realize why they would do that, but to hear it come out of his mouth I was like WTF?!? I told him I'm getting my upgrade to the X no matter what and laughed.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if Best Buy price matches phones? I believe that the phones at Best Buy are a little more expensive than the VZW counterparts.

That would probably be up to the manager, but I thought it was the same price? The Droid x is 199 at Bestbuy and is actually better than Verizon because there is no Mail in Rebate, but I guess the Droid x could be the exception.

Upvote 0
I'm talking about full MSRP, not the upgrade price.

Whats the advantage of buying the phone outright??
I realize you would not have a contract to fulfill. Month to Month contracting isn't any less.
Is the main reason so that the phone can be sold in a short period then you can move on to the next best?

I ask out of pure curiosity .

Than You

:cool::cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones