• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

I just recalled that Verizon didn't do preorders with the original Droid. I remember buying it the morning it was available and got free overnight shipping. It makes sense that they will do that again. Not sure why they had preorders for the Incredible, though.

That being the case, I will simply do it again and get the phone on the 16th. I can wait one extra day to have it delivered directly to me without dealing with going into the store and standing in any lines.

Upvote 0
I just recalled that Verizon didn't do preorders with the original Droid. I remember buying it the morning it was available and got free overnight shipping. It makes sense that they will do that again. Not sure why they had preorders for the Incredible, though.

That being the case, I will simply do it again and get the phone on the 16th. I can wait one extra day to have it delivered directly to me without dealing with going into the store and standing in any lines.

Weren't you the guy telling everybody that Verizon would definitely be doing preorders? You were so sure:eek:. Anyways, I'll be getting mine on the 15th and it will only cost me a few minutes on the way to the gym. No lines as I was first to preorder at my local Best Buy.

Upvote 0
Weren't you the guy telling everybody that Verizon would definitely be doing preorders? You were so sure:eek:. Anyways, I'll be getting mine on the 15th and it will only cost me a few minutes on the way to the gym. No lines as I was first to preorder at my local Best Buy.

Yeah, well I spaced off the fact that they didn't do Preorders for the Droid, which is why I came back and said "I was wrong". It still makes no sense to me that they wouldn't do them. Why do them for the Incredible, but not their new flagship device?

Either way, I'm fine with getting it the day after, though I'll be selling my Incredible before I order the X so that means sticking it out with my Palm Pre until I can get my hands on the X.

Upvote 0
Anyone else hearing that Best Buy will have/sell the phone on the 11th? I have seen a couple of people post this. I have already returned my Incredible and went back to the iphone. It's killing me after playing with Android for a couple of weeks.

I have been reading these forums for a bit now, thanks for all info.

Well when I pre ordered mine at BB, I asked the guy if it meant I was guaranteed a phone on the 15th. He just smiled and said either the 15th or earlier. I asked what he meant by earlier. He said in order for them to sell it on the morning of the 15th, they would have to receive it before the 15th (makes sense). So I'm guessing they will receive it sometime on the 14th and maybe I'll get a call on the 14th. I asked if he meant it would be available the 14th, he just smiled and said maybe even earlier.

as far as the 11th. that's a sunday, and I don't think fedex/ups delivers on a sunday. So maybe BB will get some on on the 9th (Friday) in order to have them for sale on sunday the 11th?

would be sweet if it was the 11th, thats my bday. :)

Upvote 0
Well when I pre ordered mine at BB, I asked the guy if it meant I was guaranteed a phone on the 15th. He just smiled and said either the 15th or earlier. I asked what he meant by earlier. He said in order for them to sell it on the morning of the 15th, they would have to receive it before the 15th (makes sense). So I'm guessing they will receive it sometime on the 14th and maybe I'll get a call on the 14th. I asked if he meant it would be available the 14th, he just smiled and said maybe even earlier.

as far as the 11th. that's a sunday, and I don't think fedex/ups delivers on a sunday. So maybe BB will get some on on the 9th (Friday) in order to have them for sale on sunday the 11th?

would be sweet if it was the 11th, thats my bday. :)

I don't think Bestbuy can sell them earlier than Verizon. After all, Verizon has to support the devices after they're out in the wild and if Verizon isn't even selling them, their support staff probably aren't ready to provide any kind of technical support.

Upvote 0

Im guessing vzw knew of the shortages and offered preorders to lock in customers? just my hunch. Its a very busy time in the cellphone world ;)

Upvote 0
I don't think Bestbuy can sell them earlier than Verizon. After all, Verizon has to support the devices after they're out in the wild and if Verizon isn't even selling them, their support staff probably aren't ready to provide any kind of technical support.

actually the do sell items there early. not just devices, but software as well. walmart also repeatedly breaks street dates

Reactions: ckochinsky125
Upvote 0
I just did a preorder for it. I am #2 so I know for sure I am getting it.

Planning to return my Inc for one.

HAHA!! congrats!

i am number #2 at a store about 5 miles from me. I had called 4 before i found this one, and those 4 had about 15-20 people on a preorder list on thursday. I kind of considered myself lucky, but then i realized the moto stock should have no problems.

Upvote 0
I preordered one yesterday and asked the BB guy if he knows what position I am in the preorder line and he said not off hand, but that 'I'll definitely get one on launch day'. Not sure if that'll be true, but I can hope :)

I also stopped by verizon first and asked the store there and they said they are not taking pre-orders but that they can put my name on a list. I didn't inquire further though.

Upvote 0
You only put $50 down to reserve it and they give it to you in the form of a BB $50 gift card to be used towards the phone or anything else if you decide not to buy the phone. No refund on the gift card though.

Did this change? I had pre ordered the moto droid when it first came out and i changed my mind and canceled the pre order and was refunded the gift card amount... i called to check again at my local best buy and they said if i change my mind i can always cancel and get a refund.....

Upvote 0
Did this change? I had pre ordered the moto droid when it first came out and i changed my mind and canceled the pre order and was refunded the gift card amount... i called to check again at my local best buy and they said if i change my mind i can always cancel and get a refund.....
according to the person I pre-ordered with, u can get cash refund of ur pre-order. Maybe that's y she didn't gave me a gift card

Upvote 0

Best Buy policies must vary slightly by location. My local Best Buy said they could absolutely not give me a refund for the card. I asked again "are you sure because I was able to get full refund for the Storm?" She said she was sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones