• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X problem with vibrate on silent mode

I just got my droid x last week and I like it. I only have a couple problems.

One I can't seem to getnmy phone to vibrate when receiving txts or calls when in silent mode. I went into settings and I have vibrate set to only vibrate in silent mode but it doesn't.

Also it may be just me but it seems like other phones I have the in call volume was extremely loud. My old phone I could hear the person clear as day even holding the phone away from me. With the droid x I have volume maxes out but its not white as loud. Its not that bad I can still hear but I was just wondering. My other speakers such as media work great and are extremely loud. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

You have to get into text messaging and add it there, same with email. Changed with Froyo to add more control to what vibrates and what doesn't so it's all individually controlled now.

Open text messages > click menu hard key > click message settings > check vibrate > send me beer and or Jameson.

Same for emails under notifications in the email settings. Gmail is a bit different, but in Gmail, you'll find it under "more" and "settings"

Upvote 0
I went into txting hit menu hard key went to settings and vibrate was already selected, but when i silence my phone it still wont vibrate when i get a txt. The only way I can get it to vibrate when I get a txt is if i change general settings to vibrate always but i prefer not to have the phone vibrate when I have it off silent.

Upvote 0
-=UPDATE=-

I did a hard reset to see if that would resolve the problem, and it didn't it made it worse. Before if i went to homescreen<settings<sound and changed vibrate setting to always instead of only when silent. When i put my phone on silent the phone would atleast vibrate when i got a txt. Now even with my setting on vibrate always it will only vibrate when getting a call while silent but not receiving any other notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones