• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X will not connect as USB storage device

0DdoomUs0

Lurker
Apr 6, 2013
I just bought a Droid X, I'm running Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

Tried plugging it in via USB and Windows says, "Can't install / can't find driver". Needless to say it doesn't work.

Searched the forums, tried various drivers and MotoConnect_1.1.31

MotoConnect_1.1.31 seems to have installed the device, BUT, in "Devices and Printers" it looks like a router or modem, and when I open up the details it lists under the Hardware tab MB810 "Device Functions: Motorola USB Networking Driver, Type: Network adapter"

Digging through the properties tells me
Driver Provider: Motorola
Driver Date: 6/18/2010
Driver Version 2.4.1.0

Driver files include
motfilt.sys
Motousbnet.sys
motswch.sys
wdfcoinstaller01007.dll

It seems to me that the motorola software is installing the wrong drivers.

When I plug in the USB, the phone itself never shows the android guy and the "Turn on USB for storage" button.

In fact, the phone itself does nothing, doesn't show charging, nothing.

I thought it might be a cable, so I tried 3 total, same result with all of them. Thought it might be the computer / configuration / something. So I tried on my work laptop and on my wife's computer. No dice.

Feel free to direct me to related threads.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones