Droid's "cube" effect?General

Last Updated:

1. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am talking about the screen that shows all the apps... it rolls over something that appears to be a cube of sorts... is that available on the incredible in any way?

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I think you're talking about GDE Home. It's a home replacement, you'll no longer have sense (it's still on you phone though, you can switch back).

3. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is that just for the app drawer? The effect I am talking about only changes the app drawer to look like its going over a corner when scrolling through.

4. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

HelixLauncher 2 has the app drawer effect but it is a home replacement, same as GDE. Since the Incredible's app drawer is a part of sense, I don't think an app could change it. To keep sense and have the custom app drawer, you may need root. I am not totally sure. Can a Dev correct me if I am wrong.

5. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

I ran Helix for a few days on my Dinc and the cube effect (in the app drawer - I think they actually call it "3D" or something similar versus "cube") worked fine. When you're running a home replacement app, sense is "shelved" and the new app assumes the responsibility for what sense previously did.

I've since switched to GDE for various reasons. It runs like a champ with ZERO issue on my Dinc, but does not include the "cube effect" for the app drawer. (It does have a different cube effect for your home screens rotations, but not for the drawer).