• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy SIM UNLOCK possible for ATRIX

looking to get a new phone on AT&T gophone plan. wondering if the original Atrix will work, data and all. AT&T told me today that I couldn't use the LG Thrill because it's 4g and gophone doesn't support it. Just don't wanna be stuck with a phone that won't do it all. thanks for any help :D

Just some clarification Gophone is just a pay-as you go plan where you put AT&T's SIM card in?

Is this the LG Thrill you have? LG Thrill 4G P925 - Full phone specifications

The LG Thrill should work fine as a pay-as-you go. I don't see why you can't use it.

Upvote 0
yes, you pay for the plan you want and put the sim card in but there's no contract. the at&t guy told me the thrill is 4g and the prepaid sims won't work in them, which would explain why the prepaid sim wouldn't work in my htc mytouch 4g. so i started looking for another phone and found the original Atrix, which appears to be 3g, but i'm just worried i'll buy it and it won't work properly. hoping someone knows for sure!!

Upvote 0
yes, you pay for the plan you want and put the sim card in but there's no contract. the at&t guy told me the thrill is 4g and the prepaid sims won't work in them, which would explain why the prepaid sim wouldn't work in my htc mytouch 4g. so i started looking for another phone and found the original Atrix, which appears to be 3g, but i'm just worried i'll buy it and it won't work properly. hoping someone knows for sure!!
The sales guy is lying. The 4G in the Trill is HSPA+ and NOT LTE. So, the pay-as-you go should work on the Thrill. If I were you, I'd just get the pay-as-you go SIM card and put it in the Thrill and test it out. The price should be less than getting an Atrix. I don't really see how it won't work.

Upvote 0
thanks for the info! well, i'm leaving town sunday for a few weeks and ended up buying the Avail so i can dump this crap iphone. i will probably eventually get the thrill, but i also heard the 3D on there gives ya a headache. anyway, thanks for the great info and i had a feeling the at&t guy was full of it.

OK, I thought you already had the Trill, lol. Actually I like the 3D on the LG Thrill compared to the HTC Evo 3D. Comparison wise, it wasn't dizzying watching a 3D film on the Thrill.

If you have any questions or issues with your Avail, don't hesitate to post in the Avail Forum

Upvote 0
ugh, i wish i had the thrill! do you have it? i've watched reviews and heard it was better than the Evo 3D as well. just had to get something quick before i left town, so gotta deal with the avail for now.

I don't have it but I played with both 3D phones in the store :)

Have you thought of getting the GNex from Google? It's only $400 and you can use it either on AT&T or Tmobile and anywhere in the world if you travel. Just throwing it out there :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones